Megane CC Install

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Eddy90
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9 dCI

Megane CC Install

Postby Eddy90 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Hello everyone,
I've owned my megane for the past year and the first thing i noticed was the factory audio was not to my taste.

I with the help of my brother did a full audio install in the megane.

The install consists of: 2 x 15" 1500w Slim Sony Explode Subs, 3000w The loudest Amp(For Subs), 4 x 5" Vibe Components, 6 x Tweeters, 900w Infinity Amp, Power cap, Sony Head unit and all new cables for maximum power. Custom subwoofer box made out of 18mm MDF and cover in red vinyl.

Photos as it stands today:

One thing i have noticed is that my car battery is not powerful enough, so i plan to add a extra one in the boot.

mattyc25
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: megane mk2

Re: Megane CC Install

Postby mattyc25 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Brilliant...

Umm where did you get the vibe door speakers from, and how did you go about installing the 2 amps..?
Could you tell me what id need to do a similar install...

Thanks in Advance..

Matt
2009 Megane MK2 1.6 16v VVT, Rear Tinted Windows, 18 Kei Force 10 Hyper Black, Painted Calipers, Lowered 45mm, Full 12000k HID's, R26.R Spoiler

Eddy90

Postby Eddy90 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:49 pm

Well i brought my speakers from the local bass shop, they where the 5.25" vibe slick. These are the the lowest in the vibe's range and i did pay more than what i could get them of ebay for. So just get it off ebay, and i would go for the black air components and you get tweeters in the package, easier to wire.

To start off i fitted a heavy duty power cable which went to the boot, which i then split to the two amps. My head unit had sub woofer output which i connected to then mono block, an also has speaker output which i connected to the 4 channel amp. Then i fed the remote turn on lead which i split for the two amps. I finished off buy making the bass box and installing them, mean while my brother fitted the speakers and tweeters, and fed new wires to them.

By the look off it, you have a hatch. An installs always sound better in hatchs for some reason.

One problem i have is there is a bit of rattle in the boot from the bass, so i am looking a dead proofing the boot, to make the bass more sharp, but the install at the moment is great an i get a lot of attention with it, sets of quite a few alarms :D

I hope this has helped, if you need any thing else just ask.

Edd :cool:

mattyc25
Pass Plus

Postby mattyc25 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Thanks a lot for your help mate..

so for splitting the remote lead, and power, just get 2 distribution blocks? and run a 4guage from battery to boot, then into dist.block, and then 2 8guage out...? ground isnt a problem, will just use seperate grounds.

Im planning to have all 4 car speakers amp'd, and then 2 6x9's through another amp, and possibly a sub..?

Im happy to do a single amp install but have never done multiple amps before so this is a bit of a learning curve for me lol. Yeah i do have a hatch, lovely motor, just a shame is has the 1.6 engine.. bloody hopeless lol.

Is your battery pumping out enough juice to run both amps..? Or will i need to do something for that too..

Btw your cc looks mint. Very tidy and your install is.. i wish it was mine, put it that way.

Thanks again dude

Matt
2009 Megane MK2 1.6 16v VVT, Rear Tinted Windows, 18 Kei Force 10 Hyper Black, Painted Calipers, Lowered 45mm, Full 12000k HID's, R26.R Spoiler

Eddy90

Postby Eddy90 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:43 am

Yeah mate, i used a distributor blocks to separate the power cable and remote cable.

I ran a 4 gauge from battery to power cap the distributed it, and same with the earth because the power cap needs earth. I used 4 gauge for the power and earth, to and from the distributor block if it makes sense, didn't want and 8 gauge.

Yeah that's a great idea just if you planning on putting a sub might as well do it straight away, because later you may need to upgrade your amp to handle a woofer. An you should add some tweeters to you speaker and while your at it just a few extra quid for a perfect setup.

This is my first megane and its a 1.9 dCI lovely on fuel. Had a little problem with the engine but that's a whole new thread :D

Well i've been fine with the battery power when i used to drive it every day, but as it spends a lot of time in the garage, i think the battery has packed up. Recently it wouldn't start in the morning even tho i would drive it the night before, saying that it is the original battery. So I've recently put in a merc battery just so it can start, and i disconnect it when i leave it. I think i need a more juicy battery or just add a extra one in the boot not a big problem as you all ready have your power lead.

Thanks for the compliments mate, yeah it spends most of its time in the garage and then i take it for a euro trip over summer, so it rakes up some mileage :D
Im planning on re-trimming or painting the sub box to something more subtle.

Edd

mattyc25
Pass Plus

Postby mattyc25 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Thanks again mate.. ive priced the set up i need to buy, so when i get the cash together i'll get the kit, fit it and post some pics for you..

Cant wait, i miss good sound in my car lol. Music isnt music without a noise..
Matt

Electrofil
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane MK2

Postby Electrofil » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:50 am

Where to ground with such power?
Cant find any decent spots for a powerful system on these cars (exept running ground all the way back to battery)

Dont trust the more normal groundspots because of i'm not sure if it's a uniframe etc, points ment to bend during crash etc....
I got WAY to expensive equipment to take chances..
BTW i got a coupe.

Return to “ICE”