My first mod, AUX Port fitted!

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Snowgirl
Learner Driver

Re: My first mod, AUX Port fitted!

Postby Snowgirl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:23 am

That's fab. I have brought a port and was undecided where to put it. But that does look good :-)

jamesessexeade
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Magane 1.9 dCi 130 Privilege Coupe Cabriolet

Postby jamesessexeade » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:05 pm

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Just to reiterated, the cable plugs into the Aux port on the back of the stereo. If I remember correctly, you have to unplug the cd changer lead from the back of the stereo, clip this side by side to your new aux plug, then plug both into the back of the stereo Therefore when you cycle through the source options, it's Aux that you want. This way, there is no issues with the 6 cd changer. Hope this helps guys and girls.
Get that roof down, and 63 mpg, happy days indeed :)

Pritch558
Currently Drives:: 2006 (06) 1.5 Diesel Megane Dynamique Estate (Black)

Postby Pritch558 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:33 am

Not sure if this helps, but i'm looking to do this mod myself next week when items arrive. I fitted a megane 6 CD changer this week, really simple, took 5 minutes, it was supplied with code and cable.
Anyway, took me a short while to find the parts for the aux input mod, as the port seems to be in short supply on net :(
But, here are the current links for the necessary items;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271058631094 - This is the renault to aux lead

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111169260851 - This is for the aux port socket.

Only problem i've noticed, is that the socket is supplied with a 2 metre long cable! After fitting the 6 CD changer, I noticed that there is definitely not enough room for 2 metres worth of cable behind the radio etc, so a tidy snip and trim will be needed I think, assuming you'll be placing the socket in the centre console like everyone else. I suppose 2 metres of cable will be handy if you're wanting to fit the port in the back seats or boot for whatever reason.

Depending on your personal preference, the second item (port) is not a necessity, you can connect your mp3 player etc straight to the lead (first link).

Anyway, this was the only aux port I could find on web at the moment, if anyone else find an alternative then let me know.

I'll update on the quality of the products when the items arrive and i've fitted them.

Young1980
Currently Drives:: Megane 2.0 16v

Postby Young1980 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:45 pm

just reading through all this and would the aux lead fit my 2003 model stereo i would i have to get a newer version of that stereo thanks

Pritch558

Postby Pritch558 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:36 pm

If your stereo looks the same as the photos in this thread, I can't see why it wouldn't work. To be sure, if you slide the radio out and take a photo of the back (lead connections etc) i'll be able to tell you if it'll work or not.

Pritch558

Postby Pritch558 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:52 am

Bummer! :x

Can anyone help, I received all the parts over the last couple of days so wanted to fit it today, except, my radio won't come out, comes half way out then snags, so i've tried to remove the CD changer to gain better access, and that won't come out either. Only the right hand side will release with the removal key, the key just slides right in on the left hand side, as if there's no mechanism to release or anything!
Anyone know how I can remove the cd changer without using the removal ke on the left hand side?
And anyone know how to remove radio if it's snagging?

Quick responses would be much appreciated as I'd like to try and get it done today.

Thanks
:-)

Pritch558

Postby Pritch558 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Managed to remove the CD changer, fitted the aux port, wasn't too much of a fuss. I failed to mention that I had to buy an Aux coupler to connect the two cables. Looks smart, nice and tidy....... except it's not working :-S
I'm going to have to remove it all again to check the leads and connections, but for now, it's fitted and dud. Ah well.

UPDATE:
Ok, so it's all working now, the problem was me! I didn't realise that the aux had to be turned on in the radio settings.
For those like me, here's the how to video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39u0ADb ... ata_player

All done. Signing off. Thanks.

Return to “ICE”