Remove Centre Top Dash Portion - With the radio display

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Jasonthejoker
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane Cabriolet 1.9 dCi
2004 Grand Scenic 1.9dCi

Remove Centre Top Dash Portion - With the radio display

Postby Jasonthejoker » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:28 pm

hi all. I;m trying to do a tidy install of an alpine ex-10 iPod adapter. I want to remove the top section of the dash, the bit which contains the radio display. I got the front off, by just lifting it out, but it's sticking at the back. Anybvody removed this bit before? Anything to look for and whats the best method?

Thanks

Jason

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Remove Centre Top Dash Portion - With the radio display

Postby ChrisM » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:58 pm

HUD, in a CC comes out along with the panel behind it, there are 4 spring clips, bit of sharp force upwards and toward window with hand lifts the front section, these are the front 2 clips.
just where the HUD shround and the flat panel which carries on towards the windscreen join, are where the remaining 2 clips are.
now mine lifts the left hand one ok with the force used initally to lift off HUD, but the right one sticks, so I need to slide a flat blade screwdriver in there and just ease it up, comes out fine it is located at screen end in slots which lift out as you pull up and towards you, once out of the 4 spring clips no force is required.
Beware - providing yours is the same as mine, there is a round black, looks like a "button affair" on this flat section just in front of the screen, there is a wire connected to this under the panel, these two panels are held to gether by two torx screws but are only held into the dash by the 4 spring clips.
So HUD and this flat rear panel will come out together, no need to undo the screws.
BEFORE you remove it completly.
I have on board Sat Nav in mine so again working from my point of view, to remove the cable from HUD, I first have to remove the thinner cable that goes to the "button affair" [there is a conector on it] as talked about above to give you more play, you then need to tilt HUD shround so you can see the bottom of HUD, you will see two tab type fixings in black, you need to ease HUD out from these before you can remove cable to HUD.
you might want to use a cloth to drape over air vent ontop of dash by HUD as I marked mine twisting the shroud around, not badly but never the less it is now there and I can see it!
Replacing is same as removal, HUD plugged in, HUD is pushed back in over tabs until it clips in place, the wire on the "button Affair" is pushed back on, flat panel is located in the slots at screen end, HUD and flat panel are laid flat ontop of dash, located into spring clip holes and pushed home - Job done.
hope it is as clear as it was to me when writing this.
Oh incidentally mine being sat nav again may have differant conectors to HUD but mine has a large oblong conector with a plastic lever over it, you have to move the plastic lever right over until you feel a faint click which is the lever clicking into the open postion, only then will it allow me to remove the plug, this lever locks the plug into the conector on HUD, yours may be differant if no Sat Nav but the removal will be the same, I wonder if my "black button affair" is my sat areial. so you may not have a wire on yours.

Jasonthejoker
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane Cabriolet 1.9 dCi
2004 Grand Scenic 1.9dCi

Postby Jasonthejoker » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:05 am

That worked a treat, thanks. Found a good place for the Alpine screen just above the radio display. The black dot is the automatic head light sensor.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:54 pm

Glad it worked ok, and the black dot is the head lamp sensor, right!! I thought it was in the front of the mirror housing with the auto wipe, you learn somthing more every day, cheers for that bit of info, you never know when it will come in handy. :D

steve-t
Advanced Driver

Postby steve-t » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:22 pm

The headlight sensor is in with the mirror assembly, the black dot on the dash is a sunlight sensor for climate control air con.
Steve

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Hey come on lads, I am confused enough as it is with you lot helping me even more to sink into an oblivion of confusion,

Sun light sensor eh! ah ha this explians why it is rain here, must have forgotten to plug it in, so I get no sunshine today!

If only life where that simple! :)

aleksandartr
Currently Drives:: renault megane i 2004 1,4 16v

Lights problem/ indor

Postby aleksandartr » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:43 am

Any one can tell me how to change the light on the heating button (up from the radio) on megane 2004 14 16v

Return to “ICE”