Fuses labelled incorrectly?

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

markee

Fuses labelled incorrectly?

Postby markee » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:48 pm

The ongoing saga of the frozen CD Changer in our 2004 Megane CC continues here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11956

One of the recommendations for the symptoms we are experiencing was to remove the radio fuse and force a system reset.

I have removed the fuse marked "Radio", which is labelled as a 15A fuse 2nd from the top in the fuse box.

However, when I remove the radio fuse with the radio switched on, it stays on! :banghead

Has anybody else experienced this or can advise which is the correct fuse for the radio / CD Changer?

Cheers

Mark

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: Fuses labelled incorrectly?

Postby davelowe » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:23 pm

I think there is a 7.5A fuse also to do with some multiplex gadget or other, but I don't have my wiring diagram to hand. Best remove the thing from the car - that way it will be isolated. Short all the power inputs whilst it's on your kitchen table (and not connected to anything) then put it back. Or, it you have the radio code, disconnect the battery and have a cup of tea while the ROM clears itself.

Just a suggestion..
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

markee

Re: Fuses labelled incorrectly?

Postby markee » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:22 pm

As the fuse marked "Radio" does not de-energise the radio when removed, I resorted to a battery dissconnection to force a reset of the CD changer.

After the battery was reconnected, the stuck CD ejected fine.

Return to “ICE”