Dension Customer Service

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

xman

Dension Customer Service

Postby xman » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Reported my faulty Dension Gateway 100 some FIVE weeks ago and they are still to reply. :life

The gateway is out of warranty and ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk advised I contact Dension directly.

The gateway is randomly working, the radio fails to find the gateway and when it does the radio screen shows "link err".

Do you guys have any ideas on where I could have this thing looked at? Cheers

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: Dension Customer Service

Postby Paddy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:16 pm

Yea.. whats a Dension Gateway 100? when its at home?

P

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:00 pm

ulrich100 wrote:Yea.. whats a Dension Gateway 100? when its at home?

Dension Gateway 100

I've found them in the past not great for support either. When I had my Ice>Link in my previous car (Pug 307) using a Sony interface it needed resetting after a few minutes every time I started the car.

What I suspect is happening from "Link Err" is that the audio data (in S/PDIF protocol) is not getting through to your head unit, which then shows the errro message (Before I got my Dension to work with the Megane I tried a different VDO-Dayton interface with analogue audio and saw the same). Have you managed to update the Gateway 100 to the latest firmware? Are all the conections made well?
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

xman

Postby xman » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:42 pm

all the connections seem to be fine, I left the radio and all parts unplugged for 2 days but the problem remains... I fear is the Ice.link part that is between the radio and the actual gateway that is causing the problem. But is covered by a black tape (sort of thing) I did not want to get in there... all cables and connections look fine... and yes, I managed to update it to the latest firmware.

Have heard back from Dension though, and here some information for you guys for future reference. They do not repair the gateway 100 but have offered a trade-in option.

I have sent them a scan of the invoice 3 days ago, I will let you know how it goes.

Return to “ICE”