Radio just says error

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

perksta1
Currently Drives:: Megane Dynamique 03

Radio just says error

Postby perksta1 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:31 am

The display says error all the time ,so i cant even enter a code ,it just bleeps when i press any buttons :banghead

Anyone have any hint s ,they would be appreciated ,thanks :grin

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Re: Radio just says error

Postby ICEMAN » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:24 am

Get a screw driver, a hammer, a cup of tea and a sanwich...then sit there and figure it out!! lol

you probably need to disconnect the power from the system by unplugging it for a while - or disconnect your battery (earth cable) for about 20-30 mins) then you should be able to entre a code.

IF NOt, then bin it and get a new one.

[url]
How did it get like this in the first place??[/url]
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

rizzlerDCI

Postby rizzlerDCI » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:43 pm

my cd/radio said the same thing....ERROR! All I did was leave the unit turned on for about 15 mins then it let me enter my code. job done :D
GreenHill racing-Adapt and overcome!

perksta1
Currently Drives:: Megane Dynamique 03

Postby perksta1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:41 pm

apparently evry time you enter the code and it aint right then it adds 5min waiting time on the error message ,so ya just leave it on and hey presto it will come back :hug

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:38 pm

If you have entered the correct code using the procedure of pressing 'one' then setting a number, 'two' etc, and then held down 'six' and it didn't work you will probably get the incorrect code messages and ended up with 'fault' or 'error'. The the likelihood is that somewhere along the line, someone has replaced the radio unit but not given you the new code. The simple fix is to take it to a dealership who (should) charge no more than £10 - £15 to remove the unit, read its real code number, and put it back. Make a note of the new number for yourself and future owners.

This happened to me after I removed the battery for maintenance work.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Return to “ICE”