In dash changer

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

faffer
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Qashqai, Alfa Ph2 Spider & company Octavia

In dash changer

Postby faffer » Sun May 03, 2009 8:20 am

Hi new to site and spent last night reading a lot of previous posts but was not sure of an answer. Basically have just joined a 2006 CC to our "Renault stable" it is the dynamique 1.6 version with the single cd hu. I have available to me a Renault in dash changer with connecting lead but unfortunately not the required code (this much I have found out). Questions are;1 is the changer fitting as easy as removing the blanking/cubby hole plate and sliding it in or is a bracket/frame required.2 Will Renault be forthcoming with a code or would they expect the job of installing it for me.3 Is there any other options to get around not having the original code.
Last edited by faffer on Fri May 08, 2009 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

tallpaul
Pass Plus

Re: In dash changer

Postby tallpaul » Mon May 04, 2009 8:41 am

i can help with question 1, yes it will physically fit straight in, i've done the reverse in my car.
52 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique 5dr ● 18" Team Dynamics Pro Comp II ● OEM clear lights ● OEM RenaultSport 225 Front Bumper ● Yellow Fogs ● Black Roof

faffer
Passed Theory

Postby faffer » Mon May 04, 2009 1:25 pm

tallpaul wrote:i can help with question 1, yes it will physically fit straight in, i've done the reverse in my car.

Thanks for that good news.
From previous posts it seems that the indash changer is available in two different backlit colours, is there any way of knowing which one is which without powering it up?

ace
Passed Theory

Postby ace » Mon May 04, 2009 3:35 pm

I just fitted my CD changer and it was straightforward as possible. You just need keys to remove the HU.
I needed Renault dealers just for supplying the cable. I got my code for free on some forum. If you need the code PM me and I will give you the link to the forum!

faffer
Passed Theory

Postby faffer » Tue May 05, 2009 4:49 pm

ace wrote:I just fitted my CD changer and it was straightforward as possible. You just need keys to remove the HU.
I needed Renault dealers just for supplying the cable. I got my code for free on some forum. If you need the code PM me and I will give you the link to the forum!

Thanks,I have pm'd you for the link.
Which model changer do you have MH9RN02S /MH9RN93S etc; and have you connected the backlight, (amber or white)?

ace
Passed Theory

Postby ace » Tue May 05, 2009 7:37 pm

I have MH9RN02L. I didn't connect the backlight yet. I hope the backlight is white, because HU has white backlight!

faffer
Passed Theory

Postby faffer » Tue May 05, 2009 9:14 pm

ace wrote:I have MH9RN02L. I didn't connect the backlight yet. I hope the backlight is white, because HU has white backlight!

Thats at least 3 different types now.
Have decided to chance it and pick up a MH9RN02S (with connecting lead) and see if I get lucky with the code like you have.

faffer
Passed Theory

Postby faffer » Sun May 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Bought the changer, posted on the "code site" got a response straightaway.
Fitted changer today and the code worked.
No backlight wire in sight so not going to bother.
Well happy..Thanks for the info..

ace
Passed Theory

Postby ace » Sun May 10, 2009 4:21 pm

I am glad it worked for you too!

milee
Currently Drives:: 1.9dCi 120, 2004

Postby milee » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi,

In my Megane 2004 there is a CD changer but it reads only CD-R without mp3 support - I am looking on eBay for some mp3 changer.
How can I check if a changer supports mp3 without connecting it (by some code or something...), since they all look the same?

Greeting from Serbia!
Emil

Return to “ICE”