Update List and CD Changer

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

renier
Pass Plus

Re: Update List and CD Changer

Postby renier » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:25 am

I'll drink on that! Cheers :cool:
Megane II 5D-Hatch 2003 * 2.0 16V Autom. Dynamique * Gris Boreal
17" Steppe * Leather * RS front grilles
Xenon + 5LED side lights * Clear side indicators * Ph. 2 rear lights
Cabasse Tunerlist * Pioneer TS-Q131C/TS-E1396 * Ice>Link Plus + iPod

feathers
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.9 dci 130, 5 dr. black.

Postby feathers » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:03 pm

got a megane 1.6 dynamique. and have a 55 plate renault sceinic 6 cd changer which was located under the seat. just wondering if its possible to connect this 6 cd changer up into my megane and where/what would i need to do it?

cheers

ace
Passed Theory

Postby ace » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi!

An updat to my car. I bought a 6 CD changer for my Megane. Now I need to buy a cable to connect it to my HU. I hope it will not cost too much...
Anyhow... On which connector shuold I connect my changer to th HU? I have 2 empty connectors (See image below).

And here is the CD changer... I know I need the green cable. But what is the right connector? Do I need to connect it?

Sorry for all the questions, but I can't figure it out from the Megane Electrical Equipment manual.

Thanks,
Nejc

Kevin22
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sport Hatch
1.5dCi 106
Dynamique

Postby Kevin22 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:45 am

Ace,

on the HU there is only one place the lead from the changer will fit due to the size! As far as i remember it is the biggest of the two holes, the second smaller hole is for the bluetooth handsfree which renno has!

on the changer, the second smaller blue wire is the power to light up the changer when the car head lights are switched on! this wire is part of the wiring loom when the unit is factory fitted, but when u decide to do it, if you could find the wire for illuminating the HU and connect the changers wire to this....it may hopefully solve the prob! I just didnt bother, as i hadnt got the lead with the changer i bought!

the connecting lead between the headunit and changer shouldnt be too expensive, but are usually difficult to pick up......well in my experience anyway! :D

ace
Passed Theory

Postby ace » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Thanks Kevin! :D

I will try to find the cable at my local Renault dealer. As for the lighting goes, I will probably take the car to my car-acoustics dealerm and try to locate the HU lighting cable and put another wire to the changer!

Thanks again!
Nejc

ace
Passed Theory

Postby ace » Thu May 21, 2009 2:33 pm

Before I try to mess up something myself :-) , I should probably ask, where can I find the wiring schematics of the CD changer and Update List HU. I just need to know, which wires are for lighting, because my changer wasn't installed from Renault. So I need to hotwire it myself.

Thank you

farfary52

Postby farfary52 » Fri May 22, 2009 12:54 pm

hi
i have megane II in-dash 6 cd changer but i haven't interface cable
changer pin-out is:
1,8,9,11,12,13 GND
2- RX
3- TX
4- RADIO
5- POWER
6- D-OUT
7- IR-OUT
6- ACC
15- +12 V permanent
my radio HU is updatelist

CD Changer connector

13 Tx (from HU to CDC or PC)
14 Rx (from PC or CDC to HU)
15 GND
16 12V (constant)
17 HU ON (12V when HU is ON)
18 SPDIF IN
19 SPDIF GND
20 (SPDIF GND)
how can wiring between changer and radio ?
please help me.

ace
Passed Theory

Postby ace » Fri May 22, 2009 2:58 pm

It wouls probably be best if you'd buy the cable from your local dealer.
I got it for 35€.

ace
Passed Theory

Postby ace » Tue May 26, 2009 11:23 am

ace wrote:Before I try to mess up something myself :-) , I should probably ask, where can I find the wiring schematics of the CD changer and Update List HU. I just need to know, which wires are for lighting, because my changer wasn't installed from Renault. So I need to hotwire it myself.

Thank you

BUMP

Staffy
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault Megane 3 Door Hatch 1.6 VVT Automatic in Eclipse Grey

Postby Staffy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:24 pm

this is my first post on here so sorry if this is in the wrong area or has been answered correctly before, if there is a correct instruction on this then call me a plum and kindly point me to it :roll:

I have a Megane 1.6VVT Automatic with the update list standard stereo head unit (white illumination rather than the older amber), i had the storage tray underneath it as standard as didn't have the original CD changer as an option (i have regreted this since)

I have now managed to get hold of a mint 6 x CD changer (also from a 2006 model) provided along with its code. My question is that there is obviously an easy or a hard way of fitting this so as im not a massive fan of anything the hard way can someone provide an idiots guide to fitting it.

I could do with knowing the following;

1/ How to remove the tray from under the current standard head unit without breaking anything

2/ How to then connect the new CD changer to the exisitng standard single CD head unit (i have no cables or connectors with the new changer)

3/ As i have no additional cable with the changer then has anyoena link to buy one

4/ How does it then connect as there is a code with it but obviously the CD changer has no display and the code is obviously not the same as the original head unit so what do you input and how

Sorry for the twenty stupid questions (well 4 :roll: ) and thatnks in advance

Staffy
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault Megane 3 Door Hatch 1.6 VVT Automatic in Eclipse Grey

Postby Staffy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Anyone have any info at all to save me a trip to Renault at all.

Appreciated

Staffy

Postby Staffy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Update on my query but can anyone confirm if this is the correct information or not :?

I went to my local Renault dealer in Cannock (Staffordshire) and the parts department checked the database with my chasis number and registration etc, and they said that my car wasn't fitted with the CD changer at the factory according to there details (no s*it sherlock hence the reason im stood infront of him asking the question :banghead ).

He told me that all of the standard CD player/radios fitted look the same from the front but differ in connections at the back depending on what spec you had at the factory, he said there are around 6 types listed and without booking it into the service centre then they couldn't tell me if they can provide a cable or not as on paper "THE COMPUTER SAYS NOOOOOO".

This would need to be booked in and 1 hours labour should cover it to check to see, but as per what the computers saying then in order to fit my CD changer then i would need to buy a new haed unit with the correct connecter as standard.

Does this sound right to anyone or not.

desperate for any help what so ever now on this as stuck fast.

Many Thanks

Toodeep
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 5 Door Privilege 1.6

Postby Toodeep » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:27 pm

While there may be several head units and versions of head units, they don't all look the same and I doubt it would be as difficult to identify yours as they are making out. You mentioning CD Changers has fried their brain as this "does not compute". Even so, I am absolutely certain there are not as many CD changer to head unit connectors as there are head units so it's all a bit of a red herring designed to part you from your cash. Their system must surely be able to tell you what standard unit your car is fitted with or how could you buy a replacement or a CD changer from their parts department? Would they expect to charge you an hours labour just to find out what changer to supply you with? I would go to their parts department or that of another dealer pretending to want to buy one and then suddenly realise you only need the cable at the last minute!

The link below leads to the electrics section of Renaults Megane workshop manual which describes the fitting and coding of the CD changer. When you get there, click on the second "here" of the three.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6783

Staffy

Postby Staffy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Many thanks for the link as that will help in the fitment with connections used / not used.

I will go to the dealer and ask them as if i wanted a changer from them and see what they come up with as a story to be able to sell me the correct type, i can then go away armed with the info to another dealer and get the correct connector needed.

Will update on whats said when i call into the dealership over the weekend.

Staffy

Postby Staffy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:55 pm

Just an update;

I went to the dealer on spec without an appointment and enquired around a CD changer, they got an engineer to have a look straight away and saw what was needed. I then said i have a CD changer coming and they have quoted £65 for the connecting cable loom and to git the unit i have so all in all not a bad i cost if you think they will fit it correctly and make sure it works all ok, and no worry that something will get damaged in the process.

I have ordered the part and its booked in to be done Thursday morning so will let you know how it goes.

Return to “ICE”