FAQ

FAQ and Tips and tricks relating to various problems.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

David-RenaultUK
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sport Hatch Tech Run dCi 130

Re: FAQ

Postby David-RenaultUK » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:14 am

rockerdunn wrote:Im sorry to ask such silly questions but I dont really know anything about cars, so id like a little a bit of help, even if they do seem obvious.

I currently have a Renault Megane DYNAMIQUE VVT 03 1.6. As I bought the car without a handbook :
I am just wondering what pressure should the tyres be?
How often do I put new oil in the car? What oil is best?
Is the little spanner flashing on my screen a problem?

Again I know these are silly questions but I would be very grateful for your help.

Thanks.

Hi Rockerdunn
If you register your car in MyRenault by visiting our website http://www.renault.co.uk/myrenault/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/myrenault/default.aspx you'll be able to access an electronic version of the owners handbook which should answer your questions.

The flashing spanner means your car requires attention and I'd advise you to have it checked by a dealer asap

Hope this helps

David
Renault UK

bigstring
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.9DCI

Postby bigstring » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:20 pm

Afternoon.......

Ok

where's the dipstick? if it's attached to the oil cap, I'm out of luck, where can one be found?
How much oil do these engines hold as doing an oil change saturday and with out a dipstick I'm in the dark.
Sump bolt? is it a silly one with a shape in the middle? or normal nut?
Where's the oil filter to? fuel filter? any otehr filters on these?

is there a how to for servicing?

Thanking you!

bigstring
Learner Driver

Postby bigstring » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:46 am

Anyone there????

me car's sat empty, no oil, how much do I put in? 4ltr 4.5ltr? 5ltr????

Is there any other forums for advice on these maganes?

Make: renault
Model:megane
Year:2003
Engine size/type:1.9dci

Thank you!!

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:59 pm

why are you posting the in teh FAQ request area?
if you look in the FAQ section or do a search, you'll find out how much you need. 4.6 litres i think.
the dipstick is attached the a giant yellow round knob when you stare into the engine bay. you can't really miss it.
as it's an emergency and if it's missing, you can use the digital oil gauge on your dash.

if you're not aware of the location of the service items, i wouldn't recommend doing a self service. but if you really want to go ahead, buy a haynes manual. it details everything you'll need for a service and more.

bigstring
Learner Driver

Postby bigstring » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:05 am

I did say above is it attached to the oil cap, but does not seem to be there?

I have always service my cars, but these seem to be nothing but problems after problems...

Ray wrote:why are you posting the in teh FAQ request area?
if you look in the FAQ section or do a search, you'll find out how much you need. 4.6 litres i think.
the dipstick is attached the a giant yellow round knob when you stare into the engine bay. you can't really miss it.
as it's an emergency and if it's missing, you can use the digital oil gauge on your dash.

if you're not aware of the location of the service items, i wouldn't recommend doing a self service. but if you really want to go ahead, buy a haynes manual. it details everything you'll need for a service and more.

Return to “FAQ / Tips & Tricks”