New Scenic Owner (Sort Of Anyway)

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

66TAF

New Scenic Owner (Sort Of Anyway)

Postby 66TAF » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:21 pm

Hello all.

Firstly the car isn't mine, it's my fathers. I always like to be part of owners clubs for the cars that are in my household, so here i am.

I'm Gareth, and from Stoke-on-Trent. I am 23 and I'm a parts advisor within a Honda dealer. I drive a 2002 1.6 Ford Focus Ghia.

My dad picked up his Scenic yesterday from someone who my mother works with. It's a 2005 1.5 DCI Dynamic (i think? I'm prepared to be corrected however).

I gave it the once over in the afternoon ready for Monday when he can take it out on the road.

Looking forward to being part of the forum. As well as having a few years hassle free ownership. Something a Hyundai Matrix can't offer, new engine, air-con compressors, DVD players etc etc.

pictures:

cheers,
Gaz.

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:42 pm

Welcome Gareth,no matter if the car is yours or dad's.I would have expect as you work for Honda,would be driving one as well 8)

just kiddin'. nice car anyway.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:13 am

Hello and welcome Gareth :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Basenji
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 hb

Postby Basenji » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:15 am

Big stuff anyway.
Nice to click you.
zdrówko
Meggie slightly customized http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=aD_K0VbKYGs

Hoody
Just Passed

Postby Hoody » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:22 pm

Welcome to the club

Nick
Megane II 1.5 Dci Dynamique 3dr, Ottoman Blue, Private Registration, Sony GT30RN Head Unit, ShinyAutos.com Interior White LED Kit, 3rd Brake Light Cover, MOC Sticker

chrislloydie
Pass Plus

Postby chrislloydie » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:40 pm

Welcome :D
1.6 Dynamique 5 dr, tip, Antique Green, 17" 16 spoke alloys, spoiler, DVD, Lexus rear lights, green cotton filter, ipod, TS-Q131C Speakers, limo tints

66TAF

Postby 66TAF » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:18 pm

navid.v wrote:I would have expect as you work for Honda,would be driving one as well 8)

That precisely why I don't drive one lol

Nah, seriously, I've owned Fords since I was 14 (kept it in the garage for 3 years), and love them to bits. Hope to get a standard 2WD saph cossie next.

Thanks for the warm welcome people.

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:20 pm

Gareth,why don't you like Honda's?anything about them that you want to share as an insider? :roll: Just jokin'
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

66TAF

Postby 66TAF » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:49 pm

navid.v wrote:Gareth,why don't you like Honda's?anything about them that you want to share as an insider? :roll: Just jokin'

Nah, i was only kidding.

I do like Honda's quite a lot, i think the passion that is involved with the company (even at dealer level) has a positive effect on the product and the overall experience for customers of owning a Honda. The 2.2 diesel is a superb piece of kit, and if the Type'S civic wasn't so expensive it would certainly be on my shopping list.

I'm a Ford man at heart but after experiences with both the 07 CTR and ST, the CTR is a far better car to own.

It comes down to not wanting to take my work home with me mostly however lol.

I must say though, I have been mighty impressed with the Scenic. It feels a good solid car (never thought i say that about a Renault, no offence), and the amount of little electronic gizmo's is great. It's a lovely car to be in! I've only drove it for a few miles though, so not enough to give my opinion on the drive of the thing. Thumbs up so far :D

andspenka
Advanced Driver

Postby andspenka » Tue May 01, 2007 7:22 pm

Hello :wave
1.6 CC Dymanique in Ottoman Blue

Return to “Introductions”