It's a nail, but it's MY nail.

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

BillandTracey
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 Dynamique 1.9dci 54 plate

It's a nail, but it's MY nail.

Postby BillandTracey » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:51 pm

Paid £700 for a mark 2 Dynamique 1.9dci with a recent turbo. So recent the old oil was still being pushed through the exhaust. But it went well and the missus liked it. Less said. Six months on its had tyres all round, front shocks, drop links, top and bottom engine mounts, usual service items (air, oil and fuel filters). The brakes all round are spot on, plenty of meat on the pads and no lip on the discs. Had a bit of bother with the handbrake only pulling on one side, sorted with a quick strip down and rebuild. Drivers rear window doesn't function and the passengers front has a mind of its own especially when it's raining. Subframe knocks a bit over bumps mainly if I'm a bit rough with the throttle. BUT it took us to see Megadeth in London with no problems. 500 mile round trip, 80/90 all the way and 53 mpg, just short of half a tank. Which ain't too bad. Jobs for the weekend:- Subframe bushes both sides.
-Strip all four door panels and check the inner skins.
-While the doors are stripped, check window motors and new speakers in front doors.
-Inner arch liner front section is missing on drivers/right hand side.
-Clesn the EGR valve.
-Give it a bath and a hoover out. Previous owners had a dog.
Then hopefully I'll have a relatively decent motor.
Thanks for reading. If I get stuck I'll let you know.

Return to “Introductions”