Hi y'all Bonjour

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kitthehammer
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Mk II 1.6 Dynamique VVT 2004

Hi y'all Bonjour

Postby kitthehammer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:15 pm

Looking at the problems related to this car i'm feeling like i'm quoting Withnail & I - "I bought a Megane Mk2 by mistake" !

Well in a way that's the case. I'd bought second hand ford focus estate which I found had a common fault in leaking all of its coolant onto the spark plugs, so in an emergency, i just chose the prettiest car of the same value and that was a Renault Megane Mk II 1.6 Dynamique VVT 2004 in Blue , without looking at the reliability or anything about it. I just needed something that worked.

Well, i have to say so far so good. The only things to show up so far is needing to rev once when starting up as it's stalled a couple of times, the rear passenger window getting stuck once and the ignition keys being a bit dodgy. I have a couple of questions which i'll stick in the correct thread, but being as my first ever car was a renault 5 GTL, i actually quite like this Megane.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Hi y'all Bonjour

Postby Stranger » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:31 pm

Memories, l learned to drive in my mums Renault 5GTL and my saying for it was that it handled like a bowl of sick. Still, it was great car until the garage blew it up whilst doing some welding on it :shock:

Welcome along :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Introductions”