Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Keyholder81
Currently Drives:: Ford grand cmax
Renault grand scenic 1.9 dci 130
Landrover freelander 1, 1.8

Howdy sailors

Postby Keyholder81 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:29 pm

Hi all

Got myself a grand scenic 1.9 dci 130bhp model after many meganes due to the ever expanding family :( but theyre pretty much the same car so hey ho..

Got a few plans in the pipeline .. like a turbo hybrid, as the 130 version comes with a smaller turbo, custom exhaust from turbo back, valves tweaked, egr & dpf removal.. custom intake pipework, engine fully overhauled & balanced and a remap eventually. Should see around 170 bhp / 380lbft.

Out.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Howdy sailors

Postby Stranger » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Sounds good, welcome along :tu

I've always liked the Scenic and the new advert is certainly doing nothing to make that liking wain.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Keyholder81
Currently Drives:: Ford grand cmax
Renault grand scenic 1.9 dci 130
Landrover freelander 1, 1.8

Re: Howdy sailors

Postby Keyholder81 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi..

Picked mine up cheap £270, 06 plate due to turbo issues.. thought great ive got a brand new turbo sitting here (gt1749v) ill just swop them over do a few other bits and it be a cheap buy..

Only to realise that the turbo on it is smaller (Gt1746v) so ripped the old turbo off only to find somethings been dropped down the inlet of the turbo chewed the wheel up.. gone through the engine and had jammed the vanes shut giving no boost. Yet the car starts first time and still goes like it should.

So now in the new year its time to strip the head check valve guides, do the various work and shove it all back together providing the blocks good.. which im hoping it will be.

So the hybrid turbo will be the standard turbo just with the bigger inlet wheel off the gt1749v turbo. Will give a bit more poke in standard form

Return to “Introductions”