Hello

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Chrali
Currently Drives:: 2012 Renault Megane 1.5 DCI Coupe

Hello

Postby Chrali » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:02 am

Hi,

Its about time I said hi. I own a 62 plate Renault Megane 3 DCI 1.5 coupe as a commuter car. As my fuel bills were over £500 a month in my BMW 760 it was a no brainer! I was looking for the cheapest to run car I could tolerate, but when this car popped up at the local main dealer I liked it a lot and it became mine with 44k miles on the clock. That was mid last year, since then I have hammered in hard over the last 9,000 miles. Its due back in the main dealer this Monday as they are replacing a lot of the trim due to rattles (rear o/s/r panel, part o/s/f driver door trim, centre console arm rest, glovebox, transmission tunnel panel and the remote audi control stalk. Took some pushing for this lot on a 4 year old car; especially as the rear panel is £300, but they'd recognised they'd let me down in several ways and more importantly found my email complaining about the trim within a couple of weeks of ownership !!!!

Positives
The car looked good
Very good grip, especially in the corners
Excellent stability at speed
Blutooth music streaming works well
Phone connectivity works well, with no one complaining about call quality.

Negatives
Rattles, rattles, rattles, and more goddamn rattles!!!!!!! even the drivers seat squeaks non-stop !
17 miles drive home never gets the car to normal temperature according to the digital gauge
I still find the ride hard and jiggly.
Brakes are soft with poor bite and feel.
Steering response is dull.
Stereo is poor.
Check emissions light has popped on! If its EGR/DPF I'll be miffed, as my driving style, anf mileage should minimise those issues, and I only use top tier fuels.

Regards
Chrali

Encourage alternative fuels, use all the petrol and diesel!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Hello

Postby Stranger » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:59 am

Hello Chrali and welcome along :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Introductions”