Another newbie

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

GeoffP
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault Megane CC 2.0

Another newbie

Postby GeoffP » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:16 pm

Hello all
Wife and I have just retired to Spain after 34 years in Johannesburg, South Africa. Had a number of SAABs while out there but they were expensive to run and worryingly unreliable.
In Spain we've bought a 2006 2.0 petrol Megane CC with 54000 genuine kms on the clock. Looks great, obviously been a weekend car and kept under cover. No apparent problems except getting the glovebox open - manual (in Spanish!) is inside, but I'll get the hang of it.
Performance wise with no turbo its no match for the 93 convertible but with a lighter stressed engine reliability will be better and parts more freely available.
Looking forward to getting to grips with it and doing some European touring.
Anything particularly nasty to look out for? I've seen comments about window winder assemblies but they can't be more difficult to do than SAAB units which are riveted in!
Regards
Geoff Pethick
Ondara, nr Denia
Costa Blanca
Spain

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Another newbie

Postby Stranger » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:56 pm

Hi Geoff and welcome along :tu

Lots of great advice on here, window issues is just one of them ;) have a look through the problems and questions forum, do a search or 2 when needed and you'll not go far wrong.

You shouldn't be too bad so long as you're in a relatively dry area, whether or not you should make sure the inner wing hole cover is in place otherwise you can expect expensive electric problems.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Introductions”