Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

LeeSouthEast
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II dCi 1.9 130

Postby LeeSouthEast » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:16 am

Hello everyone, just bought a 1.9 dCi 130 a few days ago.

My other car (an old Puma) got written off by someone pulling out on me on Sunday (no injuries, but both cars totally smashed up), then my dad informed me his neighbour was needing a quick sale on a 1.9 dCi and went to have a look and all seemed well at the time and got it for just £950 (I assume that is a good price?). It is on 105,000, bodywork and interior in good condition and had partial service history but a recent cambelt/water pump change and the guy had a lot of receipts for general maintenance carried out so seemed like a good deal.

Must say I have loved every minute of driving it, is ultra smooth and quite nippy, you don't even realise how fast your going a lot of the time! Certainly a comfy work cruiser.

Couple of niggles though, the 'Check Injection' comes on when starting from cold, but does not appear when starting from warm, guessing this is likely the glow plugs looking at other threads or could it be anything serious? Also my radio reception is terrible, even once I changed to an after market stereo, is this likely to be the ariel/ariel base or is reception generally terrible? All I can pick up is Heart FM and Jack the lad drives me mad :-P

Lastly, can anyone link me to what stalk adaptor I will need to link up my JVC sterio to the steering wheel controls? Seen a few options for 2005!

Cheers guys

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: Newbie

Postby freelanderuk » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums, have a search in the ice section for info on radio and arieal :-)
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Newbie

Postby Stranger » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:11 pm

Welcome along :tu

Sorry to hear of the demise of the puma, gear wee motors those.

Your aerial is probably a loose or corroded connection either at the base of the aerial or in line, gently removing the rear headlining from the hatch is an easy way to suss it out. As freelander says have a look in the ice section, same for stalk mods / compatibility.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Introductions”