Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

misty2k
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2008 Mercedes ML320 CDI

Untroduction

Postby misty2k » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi All,

It has been a while since I posted here. That is basically because my current, 4th Megane has really dented my enthusiasm for the Marque. Over the 3+ years I have owned my 2007 MKII Phase 2 1.9DCi Coupé Cabriolet, I have had to have window motors replaced 5 times; a windscreen motor go because leaves blocked the drain; both door regularly fill with water; the roof seal has begun to go so the car leaks in the rain and probably half a dozen other issues over that time.

I guess worst of all though is that the dealership I bought it from, 2nd hand, went out of business not long after I bought it so my valuable "3 years free labour" deal was worth sweet FA. Then, I moved to Shepherd's Bush and my local dealership (who I am obliged to use to get the Renault contribution for all those busted window motors!) is Renault London West. They are, and please accept my apologies for language, a "shower of shite!". In the time I have had dealings with them they have been slow, awkward, never eager to please, happy to have people stand around like a lemon while they wait for service and on one occasion, lost my Service Booklet meaning I had no proof of my service history.

And so, after around 7 years since I passed my test and having owned only Renault Meganes, it is time for a change.

On Saturday, me and my other half will be collecting a 2008 Mercedes ML320 (that's the 3 litre, 6 cyclinder diesel).

I guess I will always have a soft spot for Meganes and I will sure as hell miss the open roof, I (touch wood) will not miss the garage bills and crappy Renault service.

Cheers all and thanks for the help in both good and bad times with my cars.

Dee
1st Car - Navy Blue '97 Megane I, 1.4 RTE
2nd Car - Red '04 Megane II, 1.6 VVTi
3rd Car - Silver '05 Megane II CC, 1.9 DCi
4th Car - Black '07 Megane II CC, 1.9 DCi
5th Car - Black '08 Mercedes ML320 Sport

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Untroduction

Postby Stranger » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:50 pm

Sorry to hear of your woes, since owning my Meg II I've had Subarus and currently drive a Skoda. The Subarus were great and great dealers in the main. The Skoda is a great car but the dealers are the pits, I do believe they started to believe all the hype about themselves just a tad too much, there's 1 or 2 decent ones out there but not many.

All the very best to you Dee and don't be a stranger, pop back and let us know how you're going on with the ML, I'm currently looking to change and would be interested in your views.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

roganp
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Kia Carnival babybus, Megane 2hatch

Re: Untroduction

Postby roganp » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:42 pm

Having owned Rangerovers and an Alfa, the meg is a comparatively reliable car !! We have an excellent independent Renault mechanics nearby and I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

Skoda is an odd brand. I just can't get past the negative connotations from my youth. I was really surprised when they resurrected the brand name and then targetted the higher end of the market. Regardless how good the car is, the historic brand image kills it for me.

Mercedes. Dad had a 450SE in the mid 80s. Was a fantastic car. Subsequently I've always had a soft spot for Mercs, but they've never made the shortlist whne I'm car buying. Too pricey in this country. Hope the Merc treats you well.

Return to “Introductions”