Hi All just put a deposit down!

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

s15lvo

Hi All just put a deposit down!

Postby s15lvo » Sat May 11, 2013 9:03 am

Hi All

I am new here and I have just put a deposit down on a Renault Megane 1.5 dCi 100 Dynamique 5dr, selling for £2995 with 58k on the clock.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201305056612771/usedcars?logcode=visc

Can you have a look and tell me what you think, am I paying over the odds for it?

Test drive went ok, couldn't really get is out of 3rd / 4th gear as was round the houses and it was rush hour.

I know I have to test all the electrics, the only issue I have noticed so far is that the drivers window dose not move at all with the button. The garage said they will get that fixed as well as a service.

I don't really know how to test the auto lights / wipers as its not that clear.

Hope its a good one :? its only had 2 owners since new, has only one advisory on the mot (11 months left).

anything else I should look out for?

thanks all!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Hi All just put a deposit down!

Postby Stranger » Sat May 11, 2013 10:56 am

Welcome along :-)

Looks a nice one to me, a tad pricey but it's low mileage, cheap RFL, 5 door and we'll specced so all's well.

The auto dimming rear view mirror is the best thing since sliced bread IMO.

Auto wipers and lights: its a long while since I had mine but iirc, you need the stalk set to auto for the wipers and then shower the windscreen with some water around the sensor which is behind the rear view mirror, for the headlights make sure the knob is set to auto and cover the sensor or, better still take it out at night when its raining :lol:

Don't forget to put some pics in the gallery once you've had chance to get to know it and given her a clean.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Sun May 12, 2013 7:40 am

Hi
Make sure all the service history is up to date and try and get some warranty with it
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

s15lvo

Postby s15lvo » Sun May 12, 2013 7:38 pm

freelanderuk wrote:Hi
Make sure all the service history is up to date and try and get some warranty with it

I get the standard 3 months, plus a service to bring it up to date.

TBH I never trust garages that sell you a car and say they will do the service also as I think its just a stamp in the book and no more.

Felt like that when I bought my c4 from Arnold Clark.

Thats a good point how can you tell if a service has been done on a car? are they any parts that can be seen from the engine bay that should be shiny after a oil service?

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Sun May 12, 2013 8:16 pm

Oil filter, see if you can see it or even better put a mark of some sort on it! Although even then there is nothing to say they havent just swaped the filter and topped up the oil...

Return to “Introductions”