Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

shawty500
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 2008 Megane Cabriolet 1.9 Dci

In Car Double Din DVD TV Sat Nav Units £150

Postby shawty500 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:40 am

Hi all,

I have managed to acheive a discount on an In Car Double Din DVD TV Sat Nav Unit, the units take 3-4 days for delivery.

Please do not rush out to buy them yet, I have one on the way to me, I will be installing it and making a review of it in our Megane and you can decide from that if you like the product.

The Price to club members is just £150 delivered. Please note the units do not include a TV aerial, just an internal freeview tuner. They do however come with EVERYTHING else.

Here are details of the unit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Erising-ES708G-7-2-Din-HD-Sat-Nav-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-/180575904940?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item2a0b29a4ac
Last edited by shawty500 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madwedge
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2004 Renault Megane 2.0 litre 16v VVT Dynamique

Re: In Car Double Din DVD TV Sat Nav Units

Postby madwedge » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:49 pm

I'm intrigued! Let us know how it goes.

A video review uploaded to Youtube could be good?? :cool:
Currently Driving: 2004 Renault Mégane Dynamique 2.0 litre 16v VVT

shawty500
Just Passed

Re: In Car Double Din DVD TV Sat Nav Units

Postby shawty500 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:26 am

Last edited by shawty500 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shawty500
Just Passed

Re: In Car Double Din DVD TV Sat Nav Units £150

Postby shawty500 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:04 pm

All is in order.

i will get a video of the unit for you to see, its not fitted properly in our megane yet, as I need to get a 07> Fascia adapter, i have a homemade one in there at the moment, just to demo the item.

its actually better than I had expected.

Sat Nav: Very clear, Very Accurate - I have used it quite alot over the past few days on a few different trips. you can search by postcode, address or co-ordinates. It is fully customisable, with different languages, accents, voices etc... as well as self dimming at night, with options of 2d or 3d view, showing buildings at the road side in built up areas, to ease navigation more. It has full UK, European Mapping, which you are able to update for free online. Aswell as this it has the option to have speed limit warnings on or off, incase you are exceeding the speed limit. It also has a digital compass which is a nice gimick. It has a digital speed reading, with clear precise details of the next direction to take well in advance.

DVD: VERY high quality DVD playback, being such a small screen (7") the resolution is higher than normal giving a crisp sharp image, with options to zoom, change video ratio, and the normal operations such as skipping chapters. forward and reverse scanning, play pause etc... with the added bonus of Dolby Surround Sound capability. I have tested the unit with the movie Troy, and have also managed to obtain a couple of music Video DVDs, (1000 top hits of the 80s and 200 greatest hits of the 90s - i can give anyone who wants them a copy of these for the cost of postage and discs no more than £4 overall)

TV: Very good quality TV, no different to our 50" 1080p freeviewHD plasma when comparing Quality vs Size. Picks up all the standard DVB channels, (not the HD ones though!) obviously quality depends on signal strength where you are, and your aerial quality. you can get 12v boosted aerials which should help, they run of the cars 12v power socket.

Sound: Again I am more than impressed, I previously had a full Alpine F1 status, sound system in my ST500 the sound system cost over £4500 so i know what good quality music sounds like! in the house I have a yamaha receiver with 5.1 Pioneer Wall mounted speakers. So i am very much into my audio. The sound quality is a great improvement over the standard headunit, and the standard speakers seem to handle it much better too. There is no distortion, and the audio is crisp, when played from Sat Nav, CD, DVD, radio and TV.

Ipod/Iphone: Comes with a standard iphone ipod connector, which not only allows you to control your music via the touchscreen display, but also charges the device (whether it be ipod, itouch, iphone 2g, 3g/s or 4g) the only gripe i have with the ipod connectivity is that if your passenger is writing a text whilst music is streaming you do get an electrical interferrance noise on the music being streamed.

Bluetooth: Hands free is very simple to set up, takes all of 30 seconds without reading manuals. When playing audio from a bluetooth device, it leaves a lot to be desired and I would class the audio quality in that aspect as diabolical, but if you dont plan on streaming music via bluetooth you have nothing to worry about (Sony Bluetooth units I have used in the past also suffer with poor bluetooth music streaming)

Steering wheel controls: This is fully customisable, you press the button on the steering stalk, then press the action you want it to perform on the head unit, meaning no extra loom for the steering stalk!

Connecting the unit: The unit comes with a standard ISO connector, We have a parrot system in our megane, so im not sure if the meganes standard output is iso or whether the output we had on hand was from the parrot, either way it simply plugged straight in and was ready to go. The only thing was i could not view TV or DVD whilst on the move, which was the case of wanting the system, so passengers could view it. I noticed in the wiring loom there is a negative female connector coming from the loom, and a negative male "brake" connector, link these two together and problem solved.

What else do I need?

1> A Double Din Fascia - Halfords charge £68.99 for the Megane double din Fascia, they can be found on ebay for around £11.
2> Aerial For the TV - now included for club members purchases. (however a 12v booster aerial will give better signal1)
3> FM Aerial Adapter - its just like a little pin £5 from halfords or maplin.
4> 10 minutes to fit it and set all your personal preferences.
5> SD Card - optional but allows you to easily transffer music, video, photos and allows recording of TV if required (I find play.com offers best prices on these)

What Do I get?

1> The Main unit
2> GPS Antenna
3> ISO Wiring Loom
4> Remote Control (Requires CR2032 battery)
5> Mounting kit - to fit the unit in securely
6> Manuals / 12 Month Warranty

Benefits?

other than the obvious reviewed above, there is:

1> Optional Reverse Parking Camera (or front bumper camera if preffered!)
2> Front Pre out, Rear Pre out, Sub Output
3> Video input (for playstation or something)
4> 2x Video Output (for visor monitors or headrest monitors if preffered)
5> Easy tilt display, allowing it to be tilted to any preffered angle.
6> Matte finish Screen, helping reduce reflection of light when compared to a glossy screen (Doesnt help much with the roof down though!)
7> built in microphone for hands free.

Any Questions please feel free to contact me, I will get a video up as soon as possible.

I will post the companys email address once i upload the video so you can order direct for £150, They will forward you a paypal invoice, so you have your standard paypal payment protection on the purchase (Mine took 3 days to arrive)

When Ordering Remember to quote "Megane Owners Club" to get free delivery, a free TV Aerial and the reduced price of £150

madwedge
Pass Plus

Postby madwedge » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:52 am

Brilliant review! Thanks buddy! Look forward to the vid! :cool:

madwedge
Pass Plus

Postby madwedge » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:28 pm

So, any chance of this video review bud? :cool:

shawty500
Just Passed

Postby shawty500 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Didnt get a video :s got pics though..

There is a choice of maunfacurer logo for the loading screen but not renault :(

so you would have to have a generic "Car Multimedia System" loading screen.

Will post pics shortley. I am now official UK supplier for these units as I have sold 39 on other forums with a large markup at £299-95 the price offered here is my trade cost price.

jamhops
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 100 1.5DCi

Postby jamhops » Sun May 08, 2011 11:19 pm

Guessing wont get a reply but anymore on a video or pictures and a current link?
Renault Megane II 54 Plater 1.5dCi 100

Return to “Introductions”