Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mark78
Currently Drives:: 2004 1.6 Megane Dynamique
1989 VW Golf cabriolet

Hello from Morecambe

Postby mark78 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:25 am

Hi

I'm Mark and i've just become an owner of a 2004 Megane 1.6 16v Dynamique in Black.

For the past 2 years my wife and I have been driving around in a Seat Ibiza 1.9tdi sport 3 door version and a few months ago we decided it was time for a change due to needing a bit of a bigger car.

To be honest the Megane had never really done anything for me looks wise because I always thought its rear was just to weird, even on the tv with its famous shakin that ass song it just seemed like any other boring advertisement. But last week after what seemed like years of searching and test driving many many makes of family hatch backs inc the focus and astra we spotted a black Megane sat on a local car dealers forecourt. I dont know why but for the 1st time ever a Megane actually stood out from the crowd for us. This car was sat there gleaming in the winter sun and when I say gleaming it really was, its not got a single scratch, stonechip or any other blemish on it so after reading in the window that it had only 35k milage and one previous lady owner we decided to give it a test drive.
Initial thoughts after a few hundred yard was wow! its very very comfy and quiet, it almost seemed like it was floating over the bumps. One of the massive drawbacks of having a sport suspension in the Ibiza was the ride, it is so damn hard, running over a pebble was like rolling over a housebrick. So straight away the ride felt lovely as did the engine, at one point I turned to my wife at a junction and said has it stalled? it was just so peacefull and quiet compared to the rattle of a diesel engine so definetly another plus point. The driving position is nice and the seats are very comfy (the arm rest in the centre is lovely) and all the controlls are easy and accesible. To be honest after a couple of miles it was just simply a very nice place to be.
So I took it up onto a bypass and opend it up a little and was pretty impressed, sure it dosent have the pull and torque of the Ibiza but I expected that, it was impessive enough and was soon doing 60mph. I took a detour back to the dealers down some winding country lanes and was slightly dissapointed with the steering, it lacked responsivness and I didnt really get much feel of the road from the wheels but I guess thats what you get from comfort as aposed to sport suspension which i'd been used too for the last few years.
We have two kids and the space in the back of the Ibiza was just getting far too cramped but the space in the Megane is more than adequate and after years with 3 doors five is a godsend (carparks lol) The kids seemed very happy and my youngest was asleep within a few mile of our first family outing which says it all really dosent it.

I'll come to a close now and say I am warming to the style of the car especially the way it drives, is that ass end sexy yet? I dunno i'll let you know in a few months. :-)

Thanks for reading (a bit of a long intro sorry)

once again hello from sunny Morecambe.

Mark

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Hello from Morecambe

Postby Stranger » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:05 am

Hello Mark and welcome along :tu

Good to hear that you're liking the Meg, long may it last :-)
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Toosh
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch in Black.
Nervasport alloys, Comfort Pack, Full Leather interior, 6 Disc CD Changer,
Panoramic Roof, and loads more stuff.

Postby Toosh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Nice little review :D

Welcome.
Black 03 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch. Gone but not forgotten.
Black 56 Pug 207 GT 1.6 Turbo

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Welcome Along Mark :cool:

A fellow North Wester!
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

mark78
Currently Drives:: 2004 1.6 Megane Dynamique
1989 VW Golf cabriolet

Postby mark78 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

jm85
Currently Drives:: Megane Dynamique DCI 1.9 2003

Postby jm85 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Ello Mark..

:pc