New Owner! Hello!

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Cheeki Munki
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.5 DCi Dinamique (80)

New Owner! Hello!

Postby Cheeki Munki » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:14 pm

Hey everyone,

Just became the proud owner of a 2004 Renault Megane 1.5 DCi Dinamique (80) today!

What a beautiful car! And such an amazing drive.

I got off to a bit of a sticky start though as the drivers window needed a new window regulator so I've had to wait a week for the dealer to buy and fit one. Sooo frustrating.

I also have 1 alloy missing as it was damaged when the car got a flat so I'm waiting for the dealer to source and fit the replacement too but I just couldn't wait any longer for my new baby lol. It's going back in to get it fitted when it arrives.

One thing i have noticed though is my gear knob is very well worn. I understand this is common though as Renault failed to put enough laquer on the insert to adequately protect it from wear. Ooops! I've tried sourcing a replacement on Ebay/t'interweb but its very confusing trying to find one that will deffo fit.

Does anyone know anywhere I can get an insert or replacement knob or if a Laguna/Clio knob will fit cos theres a few of them for sale on t'interweb?

Cheers guys n gals :D
Al

Gibzy
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.6 16v Dynamique

Re: New Owner! Hello!

Postby Gibzy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi Mate, welcome to the forum :rock

As for the shite gear knobs that renault supplied, i would be patirnt and keep your eye on flea bay. the stealers are quoting approx £50 for a replacement. Ive managed to wait out the temptation of buying one new and got one delivered yesterday from Ebay a new F1 knob for only a tenner, so the deals are out there.

Hope you get the alloy sorted soon.

shaun
Sebring Exhaust,GT valance,-45 H&R springs, 19" Konig alloys
ImageImageImage

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:26 am

Hello Al and welcome along :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

rEvolution
Currently Drives:: 2007 Megane 1.4 16V Exteme

Postby rEvolution » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi mate, welcome and have fun here and with your car...

Gizby, is there any certain specs or requirements you hve to make sure of before bidding/buying a new knob that will say whether it fits the specified model?

Gibzy
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.6 16v Dynamique

Postby Gibzy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:46 pm

rEvolution wrote:Hi mate, welcome and have fun here and with your car...

Gizby, is there any certain specs or requirements you hve to make sure of before bidding/buying a new knob that will say whether it fits the specified model?

rEvolution, i am going to trial fit this tomorrow, on checking the standard knob agaisnt the F1 knob it seams aloth shorter. wether this is to do with the fact that the F1 has 6 speed and a lift collar for reverse, i dont know. But if for any reason it does not fit i will do one of two things.

1. remove the center black part and switch it ovber onto my standard gear knob
2. sell it back on ebay, Should get more than a tenner for it. (hopefully)

shaun
Sebring Exhaust,GT valance,-45 H&R springs, 19" Konig alloys
ImageImageImage

Return to “Introductions”