Im a newby

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

plazmanian
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 3Dr DCI 1.5 56 plate in Red

Im a newby

Postby plazmanian » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:28 am

Hi Everyone,

I will be picking my 56 plate Renault Megane 3 dr up on Thursday, its a 1.5 DCI 106 Dynamique in solid red, I wish to fit reversing sensors to it, has anyone done this yet? If so how easy was it to do?

Many Thanks

Nick

Pics to follow when I get the car

LiamG
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 120 DCi Dynamique

Re: Im a newby

Postby LiamG » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:02 am

Hi and welcome to the site. Not fitted the reverse sensors but sounds like a good idea to have some, i know some aftermarket ones fit and just activate via the reverse light. Im sure someone will help on here :D
Megane II 5dr 1.9 DCi 120 Dynamique in Yellow (yes yellow like the renaultsports) - Now Sold :(

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:45 am

Hello Nick and welcome along :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:44 pm

Hi Nick

with regards to parking sensors,what sort are you planning to get?some require drilling the bumper,there is also some that you can just stick on your bumper(JML -which have to say looks awful),there are also some that sticks inside the bumper,so there would be no need for drilling and you won't even know it is there,there is also a type that sits behind your number plate with 2 sensors.

after saying all this,have to say I haven't got one on my car,but there is so much info on the net,that can easily be done.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

plazmanian
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 3Dr DCI 1.5 56 plate in Red

Reversing Sensors

Postby plazmanian » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:36 pm

I haven't bought any yet, I have seen a set in almost the same colour as my car, they are wireless ones so once you have an earth and the + of the reversing light away you go, they do have to be drilled into the bumper though. I wasn't aware of any that sit behind the bumper, but I had always thought this was a great idea and wondered why expensive cars like Mercs and Jags didnt have them fitted, but I guess they may have if they are behind the bumpers, I will look into these as I don't really want to drill if I don't have to, but I did fit my own on my cruiser so no problem I reckon.

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:09 pm

Plazmanian,

here is the link: http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:39 pm

hello and welcome, i have a reversing sensor which can be moved from car to car

the wife....
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:29 pm

Bumpy macaroon wrote:hello and welcome, i have a reversing sensor which can be moved from car to car

the wife....

:DD

Return to “Introductions”