Eddie's Here

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

eddiemcgarrigle
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.9 DCi

Eddie's Here

Postby eddiemcgarrigle » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Hello lads and lasses,

Just joined the forum so here's the details on my car. I have an pearlescent black 200451.9 DCI 120 Dynamique Hatch with 16" Alloys, Panoramic Sun roof, 6 disc in dash cd changer and hands free key. I had the old coupe before this car which I loved and would have got the CC but for the patter of tiny feet which forced me to get a car which was more family friendly. The car itself is great but for a few (ok, more than a few) problems which are slowly driving me mad.

The problems -

Hands Free acts up like crazy, doesn't work on the nearside rear door and has a habit of not opening any door on the first attempt.

Wind intrusion at 70mph.

Nearside front window has stopped working, new motor required.

Steering wheel has started clicking on every turn, I think the bushes are needing replaced.

Boot floor makes an awful racket as it bounces around. I've got a feeling I may be to blame by putting too heavy a load on the floor.

Anyhoo, that's it and I'll slowly get around to fixing all those problems, a little TLC may go a long way. Pics will follow when I clean it and to clarify, it's got no mods.
55 Plate Dynamique Pearl Black 1.9 DCi, 130 bhp

rEvolution
Currently Drives:: 2007 Megane 1.4 16V Exteme

Re: Eddie's Here

Postby rEvolution » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:31 pm

alright eddie, as only a recent buyer of a megane for the first time, afraid i cannot help on any of the above listed problems, though no doubt others can. so just a wee welcoming from ne.

Welcome and Enjoy your stay

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:56 pm

hello :pirate:

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:13 am

Hello Eddie and welcome along :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

A13XDT
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 54 Plate Megane Dci 86 Rush - Platinum Silver

Postby A13XDT » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Hey, and welcome to the forum.

With regards the window problem, most of the time they do need new motors, however, I was lucky with mine, the connector had popped out, once i pulled it off completely and replaced it worked again, have you tried that?

The handsfree is notoriously 'buggy', lots of people report problems with it. Remember, it certainly doesnt like being pressure washed (useful tip if ever there was one).

With the boot floor, now that you mention it could well be that that is making a noise in my car, I first thought it was the parcel shelf, but it wasnt. My solution is going to be to velcro the thing down at the corners, I rarely go under it anyway.

Alex

Return to “Introductions”