newbie here needing advice

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

richard dover
Currently Drives:: rover

newbie here needing advice

Postby richard dover » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:23 pm

hello, im new to this site and i am thinking for buying a megane 2, its on 04 plate f/s/h 67k 1.5 dci. i will be looking it over on Tuesday 21/04/09 and would be grateful if anyone has knowledge/advice of factory faults or faults in general which i should be looking for.
Any advice would be grateful.
Regards Rich

Toosh
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch in Black.
Nervasport alloys, Comfort Pack, Full Leather interior, 6 Disc CD Changer,
Panoramic Roof, and loads more stuff.

Re: newbie here needing advice

Postby Toosh » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:26 pm

A few things to look for... Hmmm first port of call is check all electrics taking special attention to the windows and if the car has keyless entry make sure all sensors behind the door handles work.
Check door pockets for water or signs of water might as well check floor pockets too, water get in from the speaker in the door if its not sealed probably.
If you do decide to buy i see its 04 plate that means cambelt time at 5 years old get the seller to do it or knock money off if its not already been done.

Cant think of anything else at the mo im sure someone else will be along soon who will be able to help.
Black 03 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch. Gone but not forgotten.
Black 56 Pug 207 GT 1.6 Turbo

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Re: newbie here needing advice

Postby Jonault » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Check for a full Renault service history, make sure that you get both key cards and that they both work. Check that all electric windows work and check for water ingress in door pockets and under floor compartments. I think the 1.5 is probably the most fault free of the range. Find out if it's had a cambelt change (due at 5 years or 75,000 miles whichever comes soonest), if not, use that to haggle the price down.
Take a look through the 'ownership problems' section and use the search facility to see if many problems come up for the 1.5 but remember that there are a couple of different models of this engine (low bhp and high bhp).
Test drive it and listen for knocks from the front suspension (suspension top bearing mounts).
These cars are a comfy drive and they hold the road well so if you do get it, I'm sure you'll enjoy driving it.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

richard dover
Currently Drives:: rover

Re: newbie here needing advice THANKS

Postby richard dover » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:44 am

Guys thanks for the advice, unfortunately its been sold but now looking at 1.9 dci tomorrow. Once again thanks for the advice and the FAQ page was great

Return to “Introductions”