1.9 DCI WONT START :-( HELP PLEASE

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

b218ahb1
Currently Drives:: megane 2

1.9 DCI WONT START :-( HELP PLEASE

Postby b218ahb1 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Ok, so i have a megane 2 obviously and its a 1.9DCI. a warning came up on the dash "Check Injection" and also the service light came on and now the car wont start. I have a Snap on Ethos scanner and it turned up the following codes:-

141 engine speed sensor circuit signal incoherence- stored
00137 unknown code
00137 unknown code
01648 Unknown code
00137 Unknown code
284 computer internal electronic fault-stored
319 computer internal electronic fault stored
319 computer internal electronic fault stored
00137 Unknown code label
158 Rail pressure sensor circuit short to +12v stored

I cleared all the codes and then attempted to start again and again... still no go and no fault codes dont come back so i guess they were old codes? Anyway i have removed the diesel filter to check for metal filings which there was not so i am told it is not the diesel pump? So i am kind of stuck because the manual primer pump is working and there is no pump in the tank ... Can anyone help me please?

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: 1.9 DCI WONT START :-( HELP PLEASE

Postby tomalamix » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Hy there,

There are so many things from where to start but the main problem, at least for the codes you listed I suppose you have a problem with the fuel rail pressure sensor. The car wont start unless there is a minimum pressure on the rail. The pressure may be there but the sensor doesnt seem to be able to read it because its not being electrically feeded, among other sensors, at least it looks like that for the quantity of errors you have.

How did this happened? You just got to the car and it was like this? Or you were moving and suddenly it stopped?

Cheers

Return to “Problems / Questions”