Drivers door not closing right

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Andy_CC
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane CC and Nissan Navara Avantura

Drivers door not closing right

Postby Andy_CC » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi all, im new here, I have a 07 Megane CC 1.6. well the misses does. we got it last saturday. now with all this rain we have had, we have noticed that the car gets really bad condensation build up on the inside of the car and also with all the rain the driver door card and seat is getting wet!!! :(

Ive had a quick look at found that the window at the top should fit under the rubber seal obviously so it seals!! but it doesnt, it sits slightly on the outside of this seal so it is leaving a gap between window and seal. If you slam the door really hard or push down on the door as u close it, the window will pop under the seal as it should!! the passager side door and window shuts and seals perfectly.

has anyone else had this problem, if so is there an easy fix for it before i spend half the day at the dealers trying to get them to sort it under warrenty!!

Thanks in advance

Andy
07 Megane CC 1.6 Dynamique and Nissan Navara Avantura with 215 bhp and 480n/m Torque wooohooooo!!!!

wanda
F1 Driver

Re: Drivers door not closing right

Postby wanda » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:50 am

I have never experinced that but I heard and now know that if you park on a down hill the water drains out and gets rid of leaks......

Jasonthejoker
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane Cabriolet 1.9 dCi
2004 Grand Scenic 1.9dCi

Postby Jasonthejoker » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Did you have any luck with this? I've got a similar problem.

Toodeep
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 5 Door Privilege 1.6

Postby Toodeep » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:33 pm

I'm no authority on the Megane CC specifically but most modern coupe convertibles and, indeed, coupes with frameless windows have a function where the window drops slightly when the door is opened or closed precisely so it gets around the seal avoiding this problem. I'd be surprised if the Megane CC wasn't designed to do this but totally unsurprised if it was supposed to happen but doesn't. I'm sure it would be mentioned in the Owners Handbook. It is in both the BMW 3 series coupe and the Mercedes SLK handbooks. Even the new Renault Laguna Coupe does it which may be an indication. Does your one touch window function work? If not, maybe the reset procedure will return both functions. Someone will be bound to come along soon with the answer.

Years ago I had a Vauxhall Calibra which suffered this problem, probably before the solution had been invented. I used to have to close the door with one hand while pressing slightly on the upper glass with the other.

The problem you've described might explain the door cards getting wet but it could equally be another problem suffered by Megane hatch and saloon owners. Door pockets getting wet is a common problem which a search on "Door Pockets" or "Water Ingress" should reveal.
Last edited by Toodeep on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

karl lawrence
Currently Drives:: megane cc

Postby karl lawrence » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:53 pm

hi there. i have the same problem on my 07 plate megane cc except its the passanger side. if you slam the door really hard it does pop under the seal but do we all really want to slamming those big old doors especially when the glass isn't supported. . . . i know i don't. i have to push the glass in at the top slightly to get it to seal. i can't say that i have ever noticed either of the front window dropping to get under the seal on opening or clossing the door so don't know what causes this problem. i am taking it to the dealer soon to have a few things looked at so will let ya know how i get on.

pugboy
Currently Drives:: 54 Megane CC 1.9 DCi

Postby pugboy » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:50 pm

I know the seals are crap and often replaced under warranty. Mind you I think sometimes the doors drop slightly due to how heavy they are.

Might also be worth looking under the door to see if it has any drain holes in - if so make sure they are clear.
2004 CC 1.9 DCi

Jasonthejoker
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane Cabriolet 1.9 dCi
2004 Grand Scenic 1.9dCi

Postby Jasonthejoker » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Just managed to fix my drivers door with a window alignment problem. Nice man at Auto Windscreens told me how. The problem for me was poor alignement of the window. Easy fix - remove the inside door panel then take window down half way and adjust the height of the front support. Window now lines up beautifully.

Jay

Return to “Megane CC”