Fuse box

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jmeasey

Fuse box

Postby jmeasey » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:41 pm

Hi,

Had a problem with my car today - turns out i have got water in my fuse board? Anyone else had this and know how it can happen?

Im assuming the fuse board/box is the thing in the glovebox - cant see how water can get in there though!

Also anyone got any ideas on how much renault will charge to replace it?

Thanks
2003 Renault Megane 2.0 16v (Black 3 door)

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:44 pm

there's another one in the engine bay... well known design fault.

jmeasey

Postby jmeasey » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:47 pm

is it an expensive thing to replace though?

the guy did say i would need a new cover that had a water seal on it - if this is a known design fault what do you reckon my chances of complaining to renault and getting somewhere are?!! (none, to not a chance?!)

jmeasey

Postby jmeasey » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:30 am

just to let everyone know in case anyone else is unfortunate enough to have the same problem - a replacement fuse box costs £381 to replace.

So the moral of the story is if you own a 2002/2003 megane dont ever park it outside or let rain go anywhere near it because the incompetent megane design means water can get into the fuse box.

Absolute farce of a car - going straight on autotrader when i get it back. The megane can be a lovely car, but in 15 months of ownership i have had a new throttle block (£300), new wiper motor (£280), new radio (think around £75), new clutch (plus slave and master cylinders) (around £800), new front brake discs and pads (£100) and 2 new front tyres (£150).

Also the keyless lock button on drivers side doesnt work, the cabin fan blower thing sounds like its on its last legs and the air con doesnt work - this may just need re-gassing but im too nervous to take it to a garage to let them look at it, you never know what else may have gone wrong on this awful car!!

Total cost of ownership of a megane for 15 months - over £2000. Thank god i had a warranty which covered some of this.

Although i accept some of these are just the joys of car ownership should this amount of stuff really be going wrong on a 4 1/2 year old car?

It really is a very poorly built car with substandard electronic parts. I will never, ever go anywhere near a renault ever again. My 12 year old corsa i owned previously was a much more reliable car.

If anyone reading this is thinking of buying one - do yourself a favour and buy a car from a decent car maufacturer, not this joke of an outfit Renault.

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:58 am

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Before our Megane we had a 307 that would have stranded us (if we hadn't been members of the AA) 5 weeks out of warranty. That car had a lot of work done on it under warranty. Luckily the Megane I drive is newer and should not have the same faults - it's certainly a lovely car for me.

The total cost of ownership I'm expecting for our Megane is between £3500 to £4000 a year, so to me £2000 over 15 months is a bargain!
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

icekold0
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport Megane II 225 Coupe

Re: Fuse box

Postby icekold0 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:05 pm

Goooood afternoon everyone!

Just a quick question.... well, a bit more of a request than a question!... does anyone know where I can find layouts of the Megane II fuse boxes so I know which fuse is for what! (OK, a little bit of a fib... my stereo has stopped working but I'd still like to know the complete layouts for future reference, in-case anything else goes wrong!)

I have a RenaultSport Megane II Coupe 225 (2007)

Also... I have downloaded some workshop manuals for the Megane II - had a read through and some things I'm a bit confused on as nothing mentioned on these are relevant on my Megane...!

The car identification tag on the inside sill of the driver door says I have a CM1V vehicle type and the engine is a F4Rt (2.0l 16V Turbo) but these manuals have a table of vehicle types all starting with XM instead of CM and the manuals don't show the F4Rt engine... so I'm dubious of what I've downloaded and not intending on referring to these at all!

Thank you all! :rock
2007 RenaultSport Megane II 225 Coupe - 2.0l 16V Turbo
Advice for all owners: Get spare tyre pressure sensor valves!

kooloval
Currently Drives:: nissan x trail

Postby kooloval » Wed May 23, 2012 11:14 pm

is it possible to fit a s/h board? Had the usual problem drain holes blocked & water o/flowed onto engine fuse board & inside floor.
Dried it out but everything works lights, wiperscentral locking & relays seem to click when you press starter but engine doesnt turn over. All fuses ok.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Wed May 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Yes, fitting a second-hand UPC is possible. A week ago there was a report here about buying one on ebay for £30 and fitting DIY. The new box from the dealers is £180, but needs programming with clip.

When being a second hand UPC make sure that the alternator in the donor car is the same as you have.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

blueboi
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.5dci 2003

Postby blueboi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:37 pm

can anyone tell me where the fuse for the front and rear screen washers are please looked on the fuse cover but cant see it help please as my washers arnt working.

Return to “Problems / Questions”