Diesel Fuel Filter

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Diesel Fuel Filter

Postby ChrisM » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:55 am

1.9 DCI 2004!
I thought is was the rather expensive canister filter, seems not, Renault have told me as have the few motor factors we use it is a paper one.
so how does the canister come apart, is it a screw off affair or a bolt throught it, from what I remember of mine it looked quite rusty on the outside.
Anyone with a 1.9 changed thier own fuel filter out there, if so was it easy to get apart, I found the priming pump next to the expansion tank, so wondered what kind of a job am I letting myself in for. :?

synchro
Learner Driver

Re: Diesel Fuel Filter

Postby synchro » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Renault did mine for £30. I was going to try myself, but the access isn't the best and I was
worried about not being able to re-prime the system.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:18 pm

£30 ye gods the paper filter is only costing me £3.91.
As for priming mine has a rubber ball up by the expansion tank. (2004 1.9DCi) it is hidden under the plastic engine covers.
Will just wip the bumper off t oget a good look at the beast! ;-)

lee00069
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane cc 1.9 DCI

Postby lee00069 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Its an easy job to do. Did it on my megane 1.9 dci cabriolet.
The filter housing itself is infront of the right front wheel. (just take of the liner to get to it ),
Has a screw ontop just undo that and its very easy to open . As for the hand primer . You must remove
the plastic next to the radiator expansion bottle and you will see the primer.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Excellent
Cheers Lee :cool:

phaeton

Postby phaeton » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:30 am

lee00069 wrote:Its an easy job to do. Did it on my megane 1.9 dci cabriolet.
The filter housing itself is infront of the right front wheel. (just take of the liner to get to it ),
Has a screw ontop just undo that and its very easy to open . As for the hand primer . You must remove
the plastic next to the radiator expansion bottle and you will see the primer.

Can you explain a bit more about the filter, I've got to it but cannot see how you open it, it's not like the Laguna which had a ring that you unscrewed.

Alan...

lee00069
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane cc 1.9 DCI

Postby lee00069 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi Allan,

Sorry for the delayed reply, i only saw ur message now.
So kin order to get to the filter on the megane 1.9 you must remove the front right wheel and then remove the wheel liner in the front. You will then see the filter housing, it looks like a round canister, the next step is to remove the filter housing. there is a cable connected to it which must be removed. If memory serves me correctly you have to lift it up to free it.
Now you must remove the fuel lines from the top of the housing using the press buttons on it. Once the housing is free from the car you will be able to remove the torque screw in the centre of the housing and pull it apart you will now be able to change the filter. You must now close it all up and do the reverse. The last step of the process is to open the hood and on the left you will see the radiator expansion bottle. You must remove the plastic screws on the cover and you will be able to see the hand primer. you must squeeze the hand primer repeatedly until it gets hard . The car is now primed and will be able to start again.

Hope that helps!

regards,
Lee

phaeton

Postby phaeton » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Thanks Lee, all sorted now, fuel consumption is going down again & the MPG up which is a good thing. Just got to get this vibration sorted out now, need to get to the gearbox mounting to see if that's the culprit.

Alan...

Return to “Megane CC”