MEGANE CC REAR PASSANGER WINDOW ONLY STOPPED WORKING!

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

rodd56

Postby rodd56 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 am

Last edited by rodd56 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: MEGANE CC REAR PASSANGER WINDOW ONLY STOPPED WORKING!

Postby davelowe » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Search for regulator.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

jak01
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 CC Vectra 1.9 cdti (Company car) MGB

Postby jak01 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:27 pm

I have the same problem, but with the front passenger side window, but it won't work on any of the switches.Is it likely to be the regulator? If so it the same as the 2 door hatch? I found one on ebay, but the seller is n't sure.

Thanks,

John
Ford Mondeo, 1.6 vvt CC Privelege, 1973 MGB

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:33 pm

could it be the motor of the window (just a guess)

jak01
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 CC Vectra 1.9 cdti (Company car) MGB

Postby jak01 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:42 pm

wanda wrote:could it be the motor of the window (just a guess)

Possible, although it was working off the switch by the handbrake, before it packed in completely. I'll have a look when the weather gets better.
Ford Mondeo, 1.6 vvt CC Privelege, 1973 MGB

rodd56

Postby rodd56 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:34 pm

Dont think it's the regulator or the motor if it was why does the window go up and down no problem when i use the centre buttons.?

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:23 pm

rodd56 wrote:Dont think it's the regulator or the motor if it was why does the window go up and down no problem when i use the centre buttons.?

good point

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:20 pm

rodd56 wrote:
Dont think it's the regulator or the motor if it was why does the window go up and down no problem when i use the centre buttons.?

It isn't the motor, it is the modual on top of it, as all the other windows work from the relevent switches and this rear one part works, I don't think the windows have seperate relays for each window any where else apart fom ontop of each reg motor, the differance you have with the center consul switch is it operate all 4 windows together, so must be on a seperate circuit, possible the same circuit as the roof as that puts all 4 down as well.
These windows however do have a 6 pin control modual ontop of each window motor as I said to you, did you check there was no water ingress on them, did you also check the plug with a circuit tester whilst holding down the switch to see if it actually getting making a circuit from the rear panel and door switch, I don't think they are all fused seperatly either other wise you would end up with hundreds of fuses in the fuse box, I still think you have modual problem, possible as said it got wet, My 2nd reg I think suffered a modual problem as it worked fine from the door buttons and rear button but on the roof and centre consul buttons the motor ran on for a second or two after the others stopped nothing much really just a bit behind, but it eventually broke the plastic cable mounts and another reg bites the dust. Most electric window motors have a cable and plug on them which go direct into the regulator motor, these CC ones especially the rears [Not had the privelage of seeing my fronts.... YET] have a black box on top, into which the cars loom plugs into - Why? one on each rear, probally one on each front reg as well, My Renault Tec who does my cam belts etc tells me they are window ECU's ! what they actually do he does not know but the are not on my wifes 99 coupe, so as I said I think you have a modual [ECU] problem on that rear window, you need to check it out, see if it is wet, or even making a circuit from the said switches, if it is taking power then no point looking else where if it isn't then you have further investigation to do to find out where the power to this window stops, either way you or someone needs to get in there for some hands on testing, we could guess all day long and never sort it out for you :(

rodd56

Postby rodd56 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:56 pm

thanks chrisM will let you know how i get on.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:37 am

No worries, when you find out what went wrong post it, it may help someone else, or at least give us all a bit more technical info on these cars. :D

laurarose46
Currently Drives:: megane II 1.5 dci

Postby laurarose46 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Hello,

I have had the same issue tonight on my 1.5dci 55 plate. The rear passenger window went down and would not come back up. After much stressing at arnold clark where the car was purchased from. I Removed the connector plug from the door. This can be seen when the door is open, sprayed WD40 on the connector and put it back on. I when dead locked the car and the window moved up 1- 1.5 inches. I then repeated the process of removing the plug and dead locking until the window was up. I did not spray WD40 every time. Once the window was at the top I started the car and pressed all window buttons all work apart from the one in question. I will visit the garage tomorrow to get the fault fixed but for now the window is up.

Hope this will help someone.

Many thanks

Chris

annoyedowner
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Privilege 1.9DCi Convertible 2004

Postby annoyedowner » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:45 pm

Hi everyone.
Im a new member, just joined today.
I have exactly this problem. I purchased the car 18 months ago and from what I remember, the rear passenger side window did not respond to the switch in the back, or to the drivers master switch either. However, it used to work on the total closure switch when operating the roof or the switch next to it. However, after a month or so, the rear window did not move at all when the roof went down or by using the switch next to it, I just got used to it not working or moving at all and assumed I would need to get it sorted at some point in the future.
Then today in the nice weather, I thought I would just put the roof down to take in the lovely sun, and suddenly, the rear window goes down with all the others while im putting the roof down, then it comes back up when I close the others. I go to drive off and realise i wanted all the windows down, so I used the opening switch near the handbrake and all the windows went down. When I parked at the other end of my journey, the rear window would not come up.

Ive now had a full afternoon smacking the trim panel, fiddling with the fuse panel, fiddling with every possible combination of using the roof opening switch to move the windows, then the window button to close them up. Had the fuses in and out and various locking and unlocking sequences etc, ALL to no avail. All thats happened is the roof now says CONSULT HANDBOOK, which I assume I've used it for the time limit and its cut in to prevent the hydraulics overheating, and now all the other windows have been playing up too.

At the moment, Ive had to take all my personal belongings out of the car, and tape a plastic bag into the window as I cant get the damn thing back up. The car is now largely useless to me as Im unable to go anywhere in it and park it up....I am not a happy megane owner at all!

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:13 pm

Smaking the trim panel, Why?
When you finished hitting this panel was the roof still working? as behind that rear panel you have one of the hydraulic rams that operate the roof, is the rear quaterlight motor operating, if it isn't that could be the problem with your roof, my rear quater light use to be intermitent, would not go down then would not come up etc but it always made clicking sounds, so I think the roof 'thought' it was all ok so worked.
Quter light gave up in the down position, for me it was a cable break so I could force the window up as it never went right down always left a small section proud of the panel, enough to grab and pull with er in doors on the switch, to cut a long story short I took off rear quater panel took out reg and removed cables, through the reg slots at the top of the travel I put two bolts with nuts and basically bolted my rear window in place, left the motor and the reg and plugged it in as well, so now you hear the motor turning but obviously window stays put, trick is roof still thinks window has gone down, so still operates, I did at 1st leave it unplugged as what is the point, but with the roof down I could not get it up as it through up a roof probelm, once the reg was plugged in and turning roof was fine, It has probally got wet at some stage, when you finally get in to have a look you will see what a crap idea it is, who in thier right mind would put a motor at the lowest point so all the water that breaches the window seal runs down the reg onto the motor - The French would!
As for other windows playing up now it is possible because you took out fuses, the rear opposite side should be ok as they don't need to 'learn' window position, the two front windows do, there are postos on here about window learning, I tihnk you get them to the top then hold the window buttons up for a few seconds so the window ECU's learn where the top of the run is I think it also resets them, try a forum search on front windows not just in the CC section.
To get the rear panel off you need that roof down, so you need to work on getting the roof working again, you can't get the panel off with out removing the rear seats, base is easy enough but the back rest needs to lift up, there are two torx bolts under the plastic panels next to the head rests, these little panels pull sideways and lift up, quite tight, it may be possible to get to them with the rear windows down, makes it very difficult but it must be do-able just not a massive amount of room, back rest does not need to lift that high to come out just enough to clear its mounts, reat seat belts unbolted and threaded through the back rest to get it out, once it is out of the way you will need to remove the front seat belt slide bar one large torx then it is mounted inside the rear panel as a slot and hole, you need to push the bar back a little to get it out of the hols then side ways to manovre to the slot so the hook can come out, sounds hard but it isn't, take front seat belt off the slide bar, you also need to pop up the trim along the door sill as this also holds the side panel in, it is possible to leave the seat belt slide bar in place and push the rear side panel against the front seat back, but in your case with the roof up you have very limited space in the back so I would remove it so you can completly remove that side panel.
Once you have removed all the above you should be left now with the reat floor seat pan in view, the side panel is held on by thoese stupid black plastic poper fixings with the flat screwdrive slot in them, you need to turn then so they pop up slightly then pull the center pin out and the fixing will pop out, once these are done, 4 I think there are the panel will lift up and towards you insidethe car, don't forget to remove the speaker and window switch plugs, eject this panel from car, carefully remove the polystirene panel and insde there is your goal, the motor!
To get it out is fun! you need to carefull pull back the window seals, stating at the door end imagine an open ended slot 2 fingered prong, well the open end is the door side, take out the 3 small plastic round plugs on the large black rubber door seal can't miss it and then seperate the inner and outer seal lift them off there fixings by lifting them up and take them back to just before the boot lid, you should now see a silver metal plate, there will some 10mm bolts in this plate, you need to remove the two of them, go inside the car and you will see a bracket inside the hole where the motor is, another 10mm bolt to remove, now with the help of er in doors, start lifiting out the reg, you will get to a point where you can nor reach the plug to pop it off, it is held in place by a plastic clip on the side og the plug, use a torch to see it and then a small flat bladed screwdriver to pop it off whilst pulling down, the reg is now free you should be able to just squeeze it past the roof....
BUT before you go that far you could try looking into the plug, is it wet looking, try a squirt of contact cleaner on it leave it unplugged for an while whilst having lunch, plug it back in and see if it works, mine worked after being unplugged for about an hour, if it does get the roof down, makes life much easier to put it all back together.
Sounds like a new reg you will need, I think they are around £195 now, I just bought a used one from ebay for £75 out of an 07 car, no rush to fit it really as roof works fine and it is not very often in this country it is warn enough to travel with all windows down. my rear window is safe as it is held in place by bolts so it can't drop, and looking at the car you would never know.....
So if it has broken a cable perhaps you should do the same as me, at a guess though I would say your motor ECU has gone, as if the motor turns the roof should I think go down, try getting the wife to operate the window switch whilst you are next to the offending window can you hear anything? as these motor have palstic winding gear inside them and the groves are not deep enough to cope with a lose cable so they cross then jam the motor.
Incidentally when you have the trim off, you will see 3 large plastic round gromets, one just behind the roof ram, one you window is working or as me bolted in place, take out these plastic gromets in side you will see in each hole a 10 mm bolt, you can adjust the closed window via these bolts the move the glass, so once you have repaired the reg in which ever way, put it back in the car with all seals on basicaly everything back on bar the side panel tirm, then pop the roof up, shut the door and adjust the rear window glass so it fits nicely to the roof and door seal via thes 10mm bolts, do not over tighten them though as you could CRACK the glass (if you change regs you will need to do this anyway, they will also be the same bolts you undo to change the glass over to the new reg).....
Unfortunatly you need to try and get in there and with the roof stuck up it will be a tight squeeze, if you hear no sound from inside it is either a blown or jamed motor, try ebay for a reg, you wont find one listed, but look for breaking CC parts and then send them a message asking about the reg, the chap I bought mine from was selling the complete roof, it is not the same as a hatch reg has to be from a CC, and the Phase 1& 2 regs looks almost the same but not quite so I don't they will fit either also the motor will possibly be wrong ours are 6 pin so it must be a CC, year does not seem to matter mine is 04 I have had an 03 and now an 07 reg and they are all the same, expect to pay around £70 - £90 plus post if you can find one they are difficult to pick up as they go quite quickly so mail every one you find....
As Said if it is a cable problem then bolt it in place through the reg sliders, but remove all the cables completly, as the motor will spin, my window is sold and does not leak ,supries, suprise!!!! for the 1st time :grin
Thats it really, hope it helps a bit

annoyedowner
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Privilege 1.9DCi Convertible 2004

Postby annoyedowner » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Think I was banging the panel purely out of frustration. I read the manual and it explains in there about after 3 minutes of roof operation, the system prevents further use to prevent hydraulic system overheating and shuts it off for 30 minutes. We've both been out at the car with my wife operating, and no there is no noise coming from the motor at all.
Im sure the roof will work again today, but I dont see the point if the reg is broken. I think will go with bolting the window in place for now until I can find a replacement Reg or whatever is broken on it!
Thanks for your help on this matter

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Frustration!!!! and a Renault owner, surly they don't go hand in hand!!!!!

Personally I would stil try roof, Easter is coming and if the Sun (ho ho ho) comes out it is off time, plus if it will work it makes life 100% easier at getting at this reg, once it starts moving just cancel it and close, at least you know it works,
Then you ca nquite happily bolt up window with the knowlwdge it will not stop the lid coming off, and I am not sure if you would be able to get the window back in fully up with the roof on.

Great cars arn't they, remind you of PC's superb when they work, highly kickable when they don't, must admit I have had window rage a few times, as well as hand brake rage and glow plug rage!!!! :(

Return to “Megane CC”