Cant make up it's mind!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Mav
Currently Drives:: 2002 Megane 1.6 dynamique

Cant make up it's mind!

Postby Mav » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:55 pm

New to this Megane ownership, just bought a 52 plate 1.6 dynamique 35000 miles with panaramic roof, 17inch alloys with sensors, sat nav etc.. probably got all the classic faults but are they cureable? and where do i start? all faults are intermitant one minute all fine then things start going wonky. Dash centre display - bottom half can flicker and be unreadable. front tyre sensor says check pressure when it feels like it. sunroof opens ok but sometimes wont shut by turning dail but will if hold button down. keyless entry sensors work ok most of time but other times dont, button on renault badge on boot also has lazy days. Is this typical megane or only on early models? is there some sort of aftermarket software update that makes these things more reliable? also think i need a rear passenger window regulator as jumps around at the top, also need a set of mats, two centre wheel caps and a door lock cover for front passenger door, any ideas where's best to look? i'm based in Chelmsford essex, are there any good mechanics near me who know these cars and how best to fix them first time and forever? help me before i do something stupid like sell it!

JIMR2
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique Tourer 1.5 dci

Re: Cant make up it's mind!

Postby JIMR2 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:23 pm

I've only just bought my first ever Renault/megane and luckily have no where near the issues you have!! sounds bad to me :? But I would defenatley hold out for some of those more helpful posts from the people who really know there stuff.
What I can tell you though, there's a breakers that I've always used as their turnover of cars is pretty good which means theres more to choose from.
.... and its a damn site closer to you than me, I live in Surrey. (don't get me wrong though, its not so good that I'd travel that far for a few second hand bits of trim etc, I just pop in whenever I've got work up that way)
Its called NSEC Nevendon something......... its somewhere between Battlesbridge and Hockley. If you are interested?? post me and I'll have a look through my receipts and dig the full address and tel number out for you.
Good luck with the french Gremlins!! LOL

Mav
Currently Drives:: 2002 Megane 1.6 dynamique

Re: Cant make up it's mind!

Postby Mav » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:49 pm

yes very interested, let me have number, address, website? anything youv'e got, cheers.

Return to “Problems / Questions”