REAR PASSANGER SIDE WINDOW IS STUCK IN DOWN POSITION

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

KEVINJOLLY
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE II 1.9 DCI

REAR PASSANGER SIDE WINDOW IS STUCK IN DOWN POSITION

Postby KEVINJOLLY » Wed May 07, 2008 2:37 pm

HI

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY THAT THE WINDOW CAN BE RAISED WITHOUT ANY GREAT EXPENSE.

THE WINDOW HAS STUCK IN THE DOWN POSITION WHEN LOCKING THE DOORS.

ALSO I HAVE A CHECK INJECTION WARNING LIGHT COMING ON.

ANY IDEAS MUCH APPRECIATED.

KEVIN

jim-boy

Re: REAR PASSANGER SIDE WINDOW IS STUCK IN DOWN POSITION

Postby jim-boy » Thu May 08, 2008 11:40 am

Hi Kevin. The window problem is a common one and is caused by poor design of window seals which allow rain water to leak through onto the window regulator (motor) There are many posts about this problem including one just below yours. The cost seems to be about £300.00 but Renault accept that the cause is a manufacturing fault and are prepared to pick up the cost if your car is less than 4 years old. I don't know if mileage is a factor in deciding this buti t's worth a try.
I will have to take mine in soon with the same problem but in my case it is the driver's door and the rear passenger side as well. One thing I will not be doing is taking the car to Arnold Shark for attention. I believe they cause more troubles than they cure so I will try Parks in East Kilbride who seem to have had favourable comments in the past.
Good luck.

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Thu May 08, 2008 11:45 am

Kevin,

Please search the forum for window regulator, as there a good number of posts relating to very similar issues. You might find that the window will raise itself after resetting the window controls. Forum members have reported that Megane's up to 4 years old should be covered for a fix at a Renault dealership. Also, if you only do a single lock, the windows shouldn't try to close - the fault is with the regulator/motor assembly that gets confused (usually due to water ingress) and lowers a closed window when commanded to close it by a double lock.
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

KEVINJOLLY

Postby KEVINJOLLY » Thu May 08, 2008 1:20 pm

IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET THE WINDOW UP WITHOUT HAVING TO REPLACE THE REGULATOR FIRST.

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Thu May 08, 2008 1:24 pm

I'm sure I've seen some way of doing it after disconnecting the battery for a short while and getting the window to close 2 inches at a time. If you do a search you might find it but you will probably have to look through a lot of threads to find the right one.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

KEVINJOLLY

Postby KEVINJOLLY » Fri May 09, 2008 7:42 am

MANAGED TO GET WINDOW UP BY HOLDING ALL FOUR BUTTONS IN THE UP POSITION FOR ROUGHLY TEN SECONDS THEN JUST HOLDING THE ONE THAT WAS STUCK DOWN. TOOK FUSE OUT AFTER DOING THIS JUST IN CASE IT WENT BACK DOWN AGAIN WHEN DEADLOCKING.

Return to “Problems / Questions”