boot lock

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

djday22

boot lock

Postby djday22 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:31 pm

HI
Wondered if anyone could help me please. My boot will open sometimes and then not others e.g. put somethin in the boot and drove to work, went to get it out again and it wouldnt open, then went back a couple of hours later and it opened.
A couple of times the boot is supposed to have opened and it hasnt but with a litte force it has opened. Wondered if it was the boot lock or the switch?

thanks

P.s. I have a megane 52 reg

john m

Postby john m » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:16 pm

Most commonly it is water ingress into the switch

lovol
Currently Drives:: Volvo v60, my wife has an 08 Megane and loves it!

Re: boot lock

Postby lovol » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:49 pm

We seem to have this problem on ours too, did you ever solve it?
Wifes Renault Megan Registration Date: April 2008.Cheshire, Purchased: November 2013. Mileage: 44k. Service History, 4 stamps. Engine: 1.6 vvt petrol, Manual. Oil Used.. looks black! Wheels 16" Kubera, 205/55 R16 i think.

lovol
Currently Drives:: Volvo v60, my wife has an 08 Megane and loves it!

Re: boot lock

Postby lovol » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:08 pm

For futuer refrence:

I fixed it!

Fortunately it was only water in the button that you use to open the boot.

So for other’s benefit. I just got a flat screwdriver (small one) and prised the button off the car. It popped off REALLY easily. Then used some very small long nose plier to pull the other part of plastic through the hole. Then used the same screwdriver to prise the 2 parts (that are still attached to the car) apart so you end up looking at three parts. 1, rubber button with a spring on it. 2, micro switch with connector, 3. Connector (attached to the car with 2 wires, blue and brown).

Anyway, the micro switch looked perfectly undamaged. However putting a multi meter on it showed some resistance (i.e. a slight connection) even when not pressing the button.

5 mins with a hairdryer and it was working perfectly again.

Cleaned rubber parts on button.

Put parts 1+2 together, then attach to part 3. Then push back into car (hole). Done
Wifes Renault Megan Registration Date: April 2008.Cheshire, Purchased: November 2013. Mileage: 44k. Service History, 4 stamps. Engine: 1.6 vvt petrol, Manual. Oil Used.. looks black! Wheels 16" Kubera, 205/55 R16 i think.

Return to “Problems / Questions”