Door Panel Removal Help

Got a problem with your Megane II and can't find an answer in FAQ / Tips and tricks then post it here.

Moderators: freelanderuk, Stranger, Ray, AndyAdmin

Door Panel Removal Help

Postby RussMarc » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:10 pm

I’ve got a 5 door Renault Megan and some nice kind anonymous person has opened their car door up against the front passenger door and left me with an annoying dent right along the line in the body work.

I may be able to manipulate the dent out from the inside if I knew how to remove the door panel.

Can anyone tell me how you remove the door panel, and if there are any hazards connected with taking it off. ( Airbag activation e.t.c.)

Cheers
RussMarc
RussMarc
Passed Theory

Postby RussMarc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:56 am

OK, as I have had a negative feedback I can think there are 3 reasons why this is so.

1) No one knows what I mean?

2) It’s too difficult to remove the interior Door panelling to get to the outer door skin from the inside and no one’s tried?

or

3) Renault have imposed a legal clause where no one is allowed to talk about removing the interior door panels or face a hefty law suit?

All I really want help with is any info regarding removing the interior door panel (The black cloth part where the interior door handle, storage box with lid, silver coloured door opening lever and door speaker are housed)

I have heard a lot about windows sticking etc, so someone must know how to remove the interior door trim to get to the window mechanism?

Sorry if I didn’t make my question clear on my previous post

Cheers

Russ.
RussMarc
Passed Theory

Postby nickbell69 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:40 am

Had a look for you russ and found this. Might help you. I have seen more detailed instructions somewhere but can't find them. If i come across them i'll post details. Might be in haynes but i can't check that till i get home tonight.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthre ... =door+card
nickbell69
Advanced Driver

Postby AlexB » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:11 am

I never removed it, so I can only direct you to the Renault manuals pointed at in my message in Links section. The second link.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)
AlexB
Driving Legend

Postby john m » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:20 pm

There quite easy to get off, it's getting them back on that's a pain in the arse. There is nothing within the door that will cause airbag faults etc, its basiclly a lot of Trx 30 and Trx 20 screws and clips inside the door pocket(the one with the lid on). There is 2 10 mm bolts in the bottom of the door pad, the window control switch needs to be removed (the whole front part of the plastic section of the handle removes, not just the switch part), the is two Trx 30 behind that, the door pocket needs removing once the clips on the inside are removed and the interior handle for getting out the car also has a Trx 30 in the middle behind the little round flap. Once there out, give the top section a good pull as the top half of the door pad is hinged, once you have lifted the door flap there is another Trx 30 and the speaker cover can be removed. Behind the speaker cover is 3 gold Trx 20 which hold the window regulater mechanism to the door pad, these need to be removed then the door pad will come off.
john m

removal of interior door panel / trim

Postby tatt » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:17 pm

Samething happened to me. Just took the car to a reputable body shop and they used 'paintless dent removal' techniques to remove thw dent. The result was bloody amazing and for only £40.00! It really is not worth the hassle of attempting to do the job yourself. They did not remove the panel, but rather used a series of rods etc to manipulate the dent from the inside.

So, if you haven't yet done anything about it - seek the advise of the professionals.

Tatt
tatt

Re: Fnt. Panel Removal

Postby t.murtagh » Sun May 15, 2011 3:42 pm

john m wrote:There quite easy to get off, it's getting them back on that's a pain in the arse. There is nothing within the door that will cause airbag faults etc, its basiclly a lot of Trx 30 and Trx 20 screws and clips inside the door pocket(the one with the lid on). There is 2 10 mm bolts in the bottom of the door pad, the window control switch needs to be removed (the whole front part of the plastic section of the handle removes, not just the switch part), the is two Trx 30 behind that, the door pocket needs removing once the clips on the inside are removed and the interior handle for getting out the car also has a Trx 30 in the middle behind the little round flap. Once there out, give the top section a good pull as the top half of the door pad is hinged, once you have lifted the door flap there is another Trx 30 and the speaker cover can be removed. Behind the speaker cover is 3 gold Trx 20 which hold the window regulater mechanism to the door pad, these need to be removed then the door pad will come off.

:)

Thank's I found this usefull info. terry.m.
t.murtagh

Re: Door Panel Removal Help

Postby M4chman » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:26 pm

To remove the rear door card panel you need to undo the 10mm bolt at the bottom of the door panel, and pop the light out from the bottom of door and disconnect it. Then remove plastic cover hidden behind door handle then remove the torx screw. Next remove plastic cover from the handle used for closing the door and again remove the small torx screw. Now for the fun part.... Get your fingers under the upper trim panel ( on mine its cloth, the lower part being plastic) carefully pull it from the bottom up wards, this whole panel lifts upwards on a hinged top. Careful as you lift it because you need to disconnect the electric window switch. Once up turn the door handle 90 degrees and poke it threw the hole. On the right side of the plastic you will now see another torx screw to be removed. Then there is one more where the handle use to be. Now the whole plastic panel comes off by pushing it upwards of the plastic hooks that are holding it on. Disconnect the electric cables and the panel can be removed completely. Hope this help.
M4chman

Return to Problems