New owner - few little issues

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cycrow99
Currently Drives:: 2006 Megane CC 2.0

New owner - few little issues

Postby cycrow99 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:26 am

So i have just brought a 2006 ottoman blue Megane convertible. Lovely car just has some small problems to resolve. Hopefully i can do these.
1) Passenger seat won't slide at all. Feels like the cable has become unattached. IS this an easy fix?
2) Brake squeal. Awful squealing. i'm hoping a cleanup of the brakes and some copper grease will sort this.
3) Oil change urgently required! along with filters
4) Gear gaiter plastic surround is broken and won't fasten back down - super glue?
5) touch up stick required for a scratch and what i can only describe as the owner bashing the door against a wall.

6) The big one. Aircon doesn't work. Heater works. Air con button lights up, don't hear anything kick in though. I've thought about getting it recharged. but if it doesn't kick in then there's something else at fault.

Hope you can possibly help me in the right direction. Thanks

ThatDumbGuy93
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Authentique 2003

Re: New owner - few little issues

Postby ThatDumbGuy93 » Sat May 14, 2016 9:43 am

Hey here is a list of them and how difficult they are (in my opinion)

1) Passenger seat won't slide at all. Feels like the cable has become unattached. IS this an easy fix?
Should be just check the mechanism and manually release the mechanism with a small flat blade screw driver if needed.. make sure nothing is under the seat blocking it

2) Brake squeal. Awful squealing. i'm hoping a cleanup of the brakes and some copper grease will sort this.
just clean the brake pads don't use grease on them.... grease = lube and lube on something that you rely on to STOP is a very bad idea

3) Oil change urgently required! along with filters
that is easy to do and many videos online showing how (just get a good set of tools not these cheap and break after one use tools

4) Gear gaiter plastic surround is broken and won't fasten back down - super glue?
you can use epoxy if you want... i wouldn't but i'm crazy so... yeah i would say for you if you dont need to get under it again then super glue or EPOXY IS THE WAY TO GO

5) touch up stick required for a scratch and what i can only describe as the owner bashing the door against a wall.
yep or sand it and prime and respray the same colour... failing that give it some flare with some vinal custom designs

ive worked on motorcycles for about 6 years or more as opposed to cars but those issues are easy to fix in my opinion (having just done oil change and brakes on my own renault megane

-ThatDumbGuy93

cycrow99

Postby cycrow99 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:17 pm

Thanks @athatDumbGuy. Sorted all but the paint and air con now. That may have to wait till I get more time.

ThatDumbGuy93

Postby ThatDumbGuy93 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:05 pm

whats wrong with your air con?

cycrow99

Postby cycrow99 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:08 am

So the air con. When you press the button the light comes on. Nothing else. No cold air. I don't even hear the compressor kick in.

It might just need re gassing, although I'm sure I should still here the compressor kick in.

Heater works fine.

ThatDumbGuy93

Postby ThatDumbGuy93 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:29 am

Check the fuse near the glove box for A/C if that isnt it could be a wire loose or corroded somewhere will grab haynes manual later and see if it is wired in there and which exact fuse etc is needed to be checked

MeganeMule
Learner Driver

Postby MeganeMule » Sun May 15, 2016 1:19 pm

If the gas is low/empty the compressor won't kick in. Take it to kwik-fit as if there is a leak they don't charge you, so you will find out if it just needs charging or if it's goosed !

Return to “Problems / Questions”