My Megane.

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

carlsberg
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.4 Dynamique

My Megane.

Postby carlsberg » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:38 am

Hi All, I got my car lowered this week so thought I would post a few pics.....

I'm not planning to do much more to it, I want to replace the alloy centre caps with some Renault ones and will probably get some higher profile tyres which will hopefully make the wheels look bigger!

winking frog

Re: My Megane.

Postby winking frog » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:54 pm

Hi Carlsberg,

your car looks good, nice subtle mods, I am new to forums and I havent got a megan but the missus has one like yours so I have joined up to what else I can do to her car.

I too have just lowered her megane on Spax 45mm springs and it improves the looks and handling so much.

fairly easy job too,

I agree with you about the tyres, a thicker profile would improve the look of the wheels, nice work so far :grin

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Postby BlueMeganeII » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:58 am

Yeah def thicker tyres but other than that car looks superb. Perhaps have the inserts colour coded in the future?

Clone
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 2006 Megane 1.5 DCi 106bhp. 18" ACE alloys, Pioneer DEH, Smoked rear lexus lights, Tinted rear windows, Climair wind deflectors, Remus sports cat, K&N panel filter.

Postby Clone » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:17 am

Car looks well mate, i was on the fence about whether lowering it should be a priority as there is a list of things i want to do to my megane but your megane looks spot on so i think a set of spax are in order pronto. Love the wheels mate, what are they?
2006 Megane 1.5 DCi 106bhp. Pioneer DEH, Smoked rear lexus lights, Tinted rear windows, Climair wind deflectors, Remus sports cat, K&N panel filter.

carlsberg
Passed Theory

Postby carlsberg » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:18 am

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I never intended to do any mods to this car, mainly due to finances, but after seeing other cars on here I got that modding itch and just wanted to enhance rather than dramatically change the look of the car. I'm really pleased with how much of a difference the wheels and lowering have made, I will def have a think about colour coding the inserts, thats a good call. The other things done so far are:

Painted the brake calipers purple.
Replaced the standard stereo with a JVC head unit.
Wired up an active sub in the boot.
Replaced the amber indicator bulbs in the headlights with chrome ones - This turned out to be the most difficult job of all!!!

I was a bit dissapointed with the wheels (17inch Dezent Vectors) when I first put them on, I did this before lowering it 45mm on Spax springs, they looked tiny and you could park a double decker bus in the gap in the arch!!! Now its lowered they do look better but I don't like the 40 profile tyres, want to go up to 50. I would have loved to get bigger wheels but I just couldn't afford them and some of the roads I use are a bit dodgy so didn't want to upset the ride too much.

Clone, I would really recommend lowering your car, I paid £106 for my springs from Demon Tweeks, an absolute bargain considering the difference they have made.

Cheers again,

Carlsberg (Carly).

Clone
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 2006 Megane 1.5 DCi 106bhp. 18" ACE alloys, Pioneer DEH, Smoked rear lexus lights, Tinted rear windows, Climair wind deflectors, Remus sports cat, K&N panel filter.

Postby Clone » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:59 pm

carlsberg wrote:Painted the brake calipers purple.

Any pics dude, im intrigued as to how this looks lol.... springs are a def then... coming as soon as my student loan decides to make an appearance :D
2006 Megane 1.5 DCi 106bhp. Pioneer DEH, Smoked rear lexus lights, Tinted rear windows, Climair wind deflectors, Remus sports cat, K&N panel filter.

carlsberg
Passed Theory

Postby carlsberg » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:01 pm

There you go Clone, I couldn't find any high temp purple paint so I mixed red and blue hammerite together which worked really well.

Clone
Just Passed

Postby Clone » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:40 pm

Each to there own lol... but not bad mate... as far as ive been told hammerite is the best paint to use. Ive had mine painted hammerite red for a good while now and they still clean up nicely. Looking to get ebc brakes soonish... money situation may hinder that slightly lol...

carlsberg
Passed Theory

Postby carlsberg » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:11 pm

I know it was a bit of a strange choice of colour but I wanted something different and I think I can get away with it because I'm a girl! Lol. Def get the springs before the brakes!

Have you got any pics of your car? I see from the description of your car you have wind deflectors, I've thought about putting some on my Meg and wondered what they look like. Also, does the K&N panel filter make much of a difference?

Clone
Just Passed

Postby Clone » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:22 am

Haha that certainly lets you away with the colour choice and i have to apologise for all the 'mates' and 'dudes'... from now on it will be maam and miss :D

As for the filter... im not sure lol... i got it second hand and im not 100% its in right... since its been in ive noticed the turbo kick ina tad earlier and it sounds better but the gains are not quite mind blowing lol.

Yep pics as follows, i did have a set of lovely 18" Ace alloys... for a day... :-( i then hit a ramp at road works the morning after i bought them and dented the rim and burst a tire, now sold them for far less then i bought them for and on the hunt for a set of proper renault ones.. all in all broke my heart lol...

carlsberg
Passed Theory

Postby carlsberg » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Hey don't worry about the 'mates' and 'dudes' easy mistake to make given my user name. It was a bad choice in retrospect, makes me sound like a bloke or a right geezer bird! :lol:

Your car looks great, you've certainly been busy. One thing I will say.......get it slammed! Oh and that is one mahooooosive tail pipe!

What a shame about your wheels, can't imagine how gutting that must have been. Hope you manage to get some replacements soon.

Clone
Just Passed

Postby Clone » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:28 pm

Lol i agree with the blokey username...

Slammed and rimmed soon... ish... hopefully

Your car is looking well too, i recommend getting the windows tinted, would suit your car down to a t.

madwedge
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2004 Renault Megane 2.0 litre 16v VVT Dynamique

Postby madwedge » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:11 am

Loving the Wind Deflectors there Clone. I've been on the search for some of these for ages but all the others I've seen have a large profile and just look wierd. These seem quite slimline and definetly don't look out of place!

Where did you get yours from? I've searched on the Climair website and they're £51.30 for my 3 door Megane II. Did you get them cheaper elsewhere?

Cheers

Edit: Actually I lie! On the Climair Website they're £42.52. The price above was on the 'Extreme Auto Accessories' Website.
Currently Driving: 2004 Renault Mégane Dynamique 2.0 litre 16v VVT

Clone
Just Passed

Postby Clone » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:38 am

Madwedge i got mine secondhand off gumtree for £20. Ive seen quite a few sets of them floating about on gumtree and ebay. Theres plenty of cheap sets on ebay if youre willing to risk it :D

LukeySixx

Postby LukeySixx » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:26 pm

Both cars look awesome! Carlsberg....is your car parked in Milton?
Black Renault Megane VVT Dynamique 1.6
Debadged rear
Rear windows tinted 100%
Tinted "Clear section" on Rear lights

Return to “Modifications”