Door, Bumper + Pillar Trim

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Jammie667
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II Dynamique 1.9 DCI 120

Door, Bumper + Pillar Trim

Postby Jammie667 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Does anyone know how easy it is to remove the trim from the bumpers and doors and from between the front and rear windows (5dr)? Some of mine is faded pretty badly and no amount of "back to black" appears to be helping! Am wanting to try and respray them. Has anyone else had similar issues before?

My rear bumper is also pretty scratched from where our dog jumps in and out of the boot so was wondering if anyone could suggest some sort of scratch protection once they've been painted...

Cheers
Jamm
'04 1.9 DCI 120 Dynamique - 5Dr Hatch - Metallic Red
Bought 4th April 09

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: Door, Bumper + Pillar Trim

Postby Paddy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:18 pm

They pop off with the addition of two screws.

I wouldn’t spray them but wet and dry sand them. Take your time and do both sides, you will have a silky smooth finish.

Jammie667
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II Dynamique 1.9 DCI 120

Postby Jammie667 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:35 am

Did you do that with yours ulrich? How long, roughly, did it take?
'04 1.9 DCI 120 Dynamique - 5Dr Hatch - Metallic Red
Bought 4th April 09

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:57 pm

No i painted the back and front body colour.

Then did the sides and B pillars in carbon fiber.

grosseberger
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 3 door citrus green Megane II

Postby grosseberger » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:59 pm

i've just removed the bumper trims and dorr trims of my three door hatch
to remive the bumper moulding i removed the whole bumpers
front bumper there are about five plastic rivet type things three bolts on the under tray and two screws in each wheel arch. oh and there are two hidden clips above each light but there are holes in the bumper to push a screw driver through to release them and the bumper comes off, then it is just a case of popping out the mouldings.
the rear bumper there are five screws underneath the bumper and three in each wheel arch and two of those plastics clip things hidden behind the rear lights which you will also have to remove. you then unclip the bumper by pushing the the top of the wheel arch towards the front of the car one side at a time then the bumper comes off and pop out the trim but also remember that the number plate is attacted to this rear trim so you will need to refix it somehow, mine is stuck in the rear window at the moment.
on the three door to remove the front door rubbing strip open the door and remove a rubber grommet from behind the rubbing strip and use a screw driver to pop out the retaining pip which is plastics and attached to the back of the rubbing strip, then slide it backwards, i found that holding the bottom out slightly while pulling worked. with regards to the rear quarter rubbing strips i found these very difficult to remove, the haynes manual says open the door and slide them forward but this dont work as the trims wont do this after i broke them both so to be fair i dont know how to get these of with out breaking them as the grooves in the back of them dont all go the same way, there are three clips two grooves go one way and third goes the other, i ended up supergluing the lugs back together.
Andy
54 1.5DCI Extreme remapped,JVC Head unit, Pioneer front Kenwood Rear Amp & 10" sub

Return to “Modifications”