Update List and CD Changer

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Toodeep
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 5 Door Privilege 1.6

Re: Update List and CD Changer

Postby Toodeep » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:51 am

£65 is a good quote to get a dealer engineer to do anything! I had to read your post twice. If you get the loom and they fit your unit, you will have had a good result. Make sure you have the units security code and that of your original head unit as this is a potential sticking point.

Good Luck

Staffy
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault Megane 3 Door Hatch 1.6 VVT Automatic in Eclipse Grey

Postby Staffy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:20 pm

Right then, visited the dealer this morning and all sorted took them an hour and cost £70 all in. This price included the new loom, removing the tray compartment, connecting the original Renault in dash CD changer that i had supplied to the head unit and wireing to illumination etc and testing. They did the 25 point check for tyres etc and washed the car on the outside and hoovered etc inside.

All in all i would have to say a right result and worth the money as the loom would have been around £35 and then the hassle of fitting it correctly.

Here are a couple of pics of it fitted along with my actual car.

Toodeep
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 5 Door Privilege 1.6

Postby Toodeep » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:23 am

An excellent result; better than you'd hoped and a big difference from what they were telling you originally. It proves that it doesn't pay to get too far away from "Can I have a . . . . . for a . . . . . ." when trying to get parts. Doing it yourself would have been a pain well worth £35 to avoid.

steve.moody
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane 1.5 DCi 100

Postby steve.moody » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Kevin22 wrote:Ace,

on the HU there is only one place the lead from the changer will fit due to the size! As far as i remember it is the biggest of the two holes, the second smaller hole is for the bluetooth handsfree which renno has!

on the changer, the second smaller blue wire is the power to light up the changer when the car head lights are switched on! this wire is part of the wiring loom when the unit is factory fitted, but when u decide to do it, if you could find the wire for illuminating the HU and connect the changers wire to this....it may hopefully solve the prob! I just didnt bother, as i hadnt got the lead with the changer i bought!

the connecting lead between the headunit and changer shouldnt be too expensive, but are usually difficult to pick up......well in my experience anyway! :D

Does anybody know where you can get one of these connectors from, as splicing a wire from the illumination to the radio to give illumination to the changer won't be too dificult, it's just how to connect that wire to the socket on the changer!

Any help would be much apreciated as i've just installed a 6 disc changer and it looks funny as it's not nicely lit up at night like the rest of the dash.

Thanks

Steve :-)

Wintersun

Postby Wintersun » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:41 pm

steve.moody wrote:
Kevin22 wrote:Ace,

on the HU there is only one place the lead from the changer will fit due to the size! As far as i remember it is the biggest of the two holes, the second smaller hole is for the bluetooth handsfree which renno has!

on the changer, the second smaller blue wire is the power to light up the changer when the car head lights are switched on! this wire is part of the wiring loom when the unit is factory fitted, but when u decide to do it, if you could find the wire for illuminating the HU and connect the changers wire to this....it may hopefully solve the prob! I just didnt bother, as i hadnt got the lead with the changer i bought!

the connecting lead between the headunit and changer shouldnt be too expensive, but are usually difficult to pick up......well in my experience anyway! :D

Does anybody know where you can get one of these connectors from, as splicing a wire from the illumination to the radio to give illumination to the changer won't be too dificult, it's just how to connect that wire to the socket on the changer!

Any help would be much apreciated as i've just installed a 6 disc changer and it looks funny as it's not nicely lit up at night like the rest of the dash.

Thanks
Steve :-)

Any luck on the connector for the illumination?
Im in the same position, my megane didn't have the cd changer as standard and now i, facing the same illumination problem, Im in need of the small black plug connector.

Return to “ICE”